RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Camera assist trailer. Range sport 2010.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Roberto Arenas

Spain 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black
Camera assist trailer. Range sport 2010.

Hello, in my range sport tdv6 2010 I do not get the camera that helps in the fixation of the tow ball, is it normal? Watching online I have seen this video and my sport range does not leave that option. It is normal? If it could be seen, how is it possible to see it? thank you very much.

Click image to enlarge

Post #564468 Tue Sep 04 2018 12:48pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

No camera then no tow assist if you don't have a reverse camera or surround camera's then don't think you will have it Thumbs Up

Post #564471 Tue Sep 04 2018 1:46pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

for newer cars I think ?
and option

Post #564476 Tue Sep 04 2018 5:54pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had it on my 2010 FFRR TDv8 but no surround cams, then in my 2011 and 2014 Evoques too but it may have been an optional extra on non-UK cars as often these things are extra cost on cars with the same model designation but LHD. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #564477 Tue Sep 04 2018 6:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roberto Arenas

Thank you very much for the help. The problem that my range tdv6 2010 3.0 if it takes the surround 360 system of cameras but the function that in particular to see the trajectory to hook the trailer not ...

Post #564508 Tue Sep 04 2018 10:05pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Not sure how that works as according to my manual, the trailer electrics need to be hooked up for tow assist to activate. That screen shot may not be from a sport. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #564514 Tue Sep 04 2018 10:49pm
Roberto Arenas

Post #564515 Tue Sep 04 2018 10:55pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Thought it was more to help trailer reversing

Post #564516 Tue Sep 04 2018 11:24pm
Roberto Arenas

I am interested in the function from the second 10 to 16. To hook the trailer. But that option does not appear on my screen ... because??

Post #564517 Tue Sep 04 2018 11:44pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I have surround cameras and tow assist on my RRS1, not the best pictures but here are some of my screen views without trailer fitted, unsure what changes when trailer and electrics fitted. Thought I read somewhere about having to fit two little reflective discs of some sort to either side of front of the trailer for something to work as well but that might have been if you have the trailer towing stability feature as well.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Col on Wed Sep 05 2018 12:00am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #564518 Tue Sep 04 2018 11:49pm
Col

Roberto Arenas wrote:
I am interested in the function from the second 10 to 16. To hook the trailer. But that option does not appear on my screen ... because??

Do you have surround camera system fitted? if not then I don't think you will have the tow assist feature on a Sport.

Cheers

Col

Post #564519 Tue Sep 04 2018 11:53pm
Roberto Arenas

Yes, I have the surround cameras.

Post #564520 Wed Sep 05 2018 12:21am
Col

Post some photos of your screen views when you have the surround cameras activated, then we may have more idea to what features you have.

Cheers
Col

Post #564521 Wed Sep 05 2018 12:59am
Roberto Arenas

Ok Col.Tomorrow without fail I put pictures of all my options. Thumbs Up

Post #564522 Wed Sep 05 2018 1:08am
Col

Thumbs Up Found this lot just to confuse matters more, although this maybe referring to a RRS2 more as it mentions camera in tailgate handle, and also has more features than the RRS1 system which does not have the actual tow ball or yellow tow ball guidance line view/feature, probably as the camera is not in the centre of the vehicle on the RRS1 the only view is the same as the car being in reverse. So If I interpret my own car correctly although it has tow assist the RRS1 does not have the actual tow ball alignment feature included the same as the RRS2.

TOW HITCH ASSIST
The rear view camera provides additional information to the driver when hitching a trailer to the vehicle. When
reverse gear is selected the camera integrated into the tailgate handle assembly, automatically displays a wide-angle
color image of the view from the rear of the vehicle onto the TSD (touch screen display).
Within the settings menu the driver can activate the Hitch Guidance and Auto-towball Zoom feature. Hitch guidance
provides a trajectory line indicating the path of the towball in relation to the steering angle applied to the vehicle.
‘Auto-towball Zoom’ initiates an automatic image zoom when the trailer is within 60cm of the towball to allow more
accurate alignment of vehicle to trailer.

TOW ASSIST
Tow Assist aids the driver with the reversing of a trailer by displaying information on the TSD (touch screen display).
The system uses a tracking target sticker attached to the trailer to monitor and predict the direction of the trailer.
Calculations are made by the proximity camera control module, based on the relationship of angles between the
vehicle and trailer and the current steering wheel position.
Tow Assist becomes active when a trailer is attached to the vehicle and the trailer electrical plug is attached to the
vehicle socket. The CJB detects the connection has been made and sends a message via the medium speed CAN to
the proximity camera control module.
NOTE: If the connection is not detected, setup can be manually prompted by touching the ‘Tow Assist’ icon on
the ‘Camera’ menu.
Tow Assist – New Trailer
When the CJB detects the trailer electrical plug has been connected, the trailer setup screen is displayed automatically
on the TSD with the question: ‘Has a trailer been connected?’
Selecting ‘Yes’ will bring up the first of a number of trailer setup screens. On first use the setup screens take the user
through a series of configuration options for the connected trailer. To configure a new trailer select ‘Add New’ and
then ‘OK’.
Trailer Setup – Step 1 of 6
Choose from the list of generic trailer descriptive names for the trailer attached, then select ‘Next’.
Trailer Setup – Step 2 of 6
Position the trailer straight behind the vehicle, to allow more accurate positioning of the target. Stick the self
adhesive tracking target to the front of the trailer within the orange highlighted zone displayed, then select
‘Next’.
The highlighted zone will turn green when the target sticker is correctly positioned.
Tracking target sticker.

Trailer Setup – Step 3 of 6
Select the correct number of axles for the chosen trailer, then select ‘Next’.
Trailer Setup – Step 4 of 6
Select the preferred camera view for use with this trailer, then select ‘Next’.
NOTE: The Side Cameras view is more suited to tall and/or long trailers for example caravans. The Reverse
Camera view is more suited to small and/or short trailers.
Trailer Setup – Step 5 of 6
Using the numeric pad, enter the Hitch Length of the trailer, then select ‘Next’.
NOTE: Hitch Length is the distance from the hitch point to the pivot point of the trailer. The pivot point will vary
depending on the number of axles, and will be:
the center-line of the axle on a single axle trailer,
the mid-point between the axles on a twin axle trailer,
the center line of the center axle on a triple axle trailer.
Trailer Setup – Step 6 of 6
Using the distance adjustment buttons, set the orange overlay graphics at the width of the trailer wheels and
then select ‘Finish’.
NOTE: The orange overlay graphics determine the position of the trailer reverse guidance lines.
A confirmation message will appear to show that the trailer information has been retained.
Finally, highlight the trailer that has been memorized, and select ‘OK’.
NOTE: In order to learn the central position of the trailer, the vehicle must be driven forwards at less than
15mph with the steering wheel in the straight-ahead position. There is currently no confirmation for when this process
has completed, however the status can be derived by selecting Reverse gear and noting the presence of message
'Trailer tracking in progress'. Whilst tracking feature is learning the central position, the trailer trajectory lines will
appear in a light blue color, when process is complete they will change to a dark purple color.
The Tow Assist feature is now ready to use.
Tow Assist – Previously Saved Trailer
When the CJB detects the trailer electrical plug has been connected, the trailer setup screen is displayed automatically
on the TSD with the question: ‘Has a trailer been connected?’
Selecting ‘Yes’ from the previous screen brings a list of pre-set, or previously saved, trailers. Highlight the required
trailer, and select ‘OK’.
NOTE: In order to learn the central position of the trailer, the vehicle must be driven forwards at less than
15mph with the steering wheel in the straight-ahead position. There is currently no confirmation for when this process
has completed, however the status can be derived by selecting Reverse gear and noting the presence of message
'Trailer tracking in progress'. Whilst tracking feature is learning the central position, the trailer trajectory lines will
appear in a light blue color, when process is complete they will change to a dark purple color.
The Tow Assist feature is now ready to use.

Cheers
Col

Post #564523 Wed Sep 05 2018 1:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>