RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension reset button?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Lateral5

Australia 
Suspension reset button?

hi all,

Today I stuffed around with the 3rd button on the key fob to program in the suspension height control. It was useless, so I set it back to open the tailgate (something remotely useful and does not require me to advise everyone within 100m by turning on the hazard lights!)

Problem I have now is that the normal suspension height control is not doing what it used to. Coming back up from Access height brings the back of the car up and then the remaining bits come up after you drive off with a message saying "Vehicle raising slowly". Same deal when going to Off road mode. Big Cry I want my old functionality back ie press the button up and it all goes up....straight away.

Is there a Ctrl-Alt-Del button I can hit to fix this???? Can someone point me to a forum if this has been discussed before? RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #79095 Wed Jan 31 2007 3:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

My guess is that it is completely coincidental that the suspensions would start throwing "raising slowly" errors after you programmed/unprogrammed the remote. My suspensions used to give me the same message occasionally a few months after I purchased the car, especially if/when the weather was hot and I was going from, say, access to normal height. I never programmed the remote for suspensions control. Instead, I think the reason was a sticking solenoid valve somewhere in the system, which wouldn't open (or close, can't remember) all the way as it was supposed to. Warm weather would exacerbate the problem and there was even a TSB issued at the time about this. In any event, the message was always sporadic on my car, and it disappeared completely after the Vehicle Enhancement Program was performed several months ago. The air suspensions have been flawless since. 

Post #79098 Wed Jan 31 2007 6:09am
Lateral5

Australia 

Thanks Umberto....my guess is that you are right Thumbs Up . It seems to have fixed itself as there was no prob this arv. Yes, my suspension has been spot on otherwise....shame I can't say the same about the rest of the car Rolling Eyes RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #79100 Wed Jan 31 2007 7:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Suspension raising slowly is not a fault, it just means it has been used a fair bit and the air resevoir is low, but if your compressor goes you do get this report as well Embarassed

Post #79198 Wed Jan 31 2007 4:15pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black
This may help!

After 25 years of messing with computers I have a suggestion for you. It worked for me

My wing mirrors refused to return to the normal position after reversing from new; they stayed pointing downwards. I tried everything to reprogramme them to go back up but to no avail.

I then had a moment of enlightenment.

I switched the reversing mirror function off altogether on the settings menu, turned off the ignition and then back on again and re-set the reversing mirror option in settings and hey presto, all ok.

So, if you change a setting and it doesn't do what you expected. Turn it off completely and then back on again to see if it resets things - it may just work! It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #79254 Wed Jan 31 2007 8:42pm
landroverstormer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

100% def ran out of air!

By running the engine for a while the compressor will have filled the resevoir. Older gen air susp cars didn't have a resevoir so relied on the compressor alone. The RRS, D3 and L322 all have the resevoir to allow repeated changes in height (within reason!).

You won't see that happen again unless you play around with the suspension without the engine running again! Wink TDV8 HSE in Java/Ebony with Zebrano Wood, RSE, Hybrid TV, and a few other bells and whistles.

Discovery 1 V8i Auto (The Off Road Toy)

Post #79260 Wed Jan 31 2007 9:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1