RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New P400E - Option advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

United Kingdom 
New P400E - Option advice

Hello all - am new to this forum but have read through many of the very useful tips on here. Have recently put in my order for a MY19 P400e HSE Dynamic. Still have a window of a couple of weeks I'm told to refine the ordering, but was keen for any tips on must / must-not have options.

In particular two questions - is the black contrast roof worth the extra (have gone for Corris Grey)? Also I have kept with the fixed pano roof. I like the fact that the fixed roof looks cleaner / bigger, but interested in views - do people like having an opeing roof?

Full spec I've gone for below...

RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC
Exterior
21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5085' with Silver finish
Body-coloured fixed panoramic roof
Standard finish
Matrix LED headlights with signature DRL
Red brake calipers
Gloss finish
Corris Grey
Privacy glass
Interior
16-way memory front seats
Standard rear seats - No Rear Seat Entertainment
Cirrus Morzine
Meridian™ Surround Sound System
60:40 load through rear seats
Dark Grey Oak veneer
Ivory Morzine
Ebony/Ivory with Ivory seats - Windsor Leather (Extended Leather Pack)
Options
Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory and approach lights
Heated and cooled front seats with heated rear seats
Heated steering wheel
CD/DVD player
Domestic plug socket(s)
360º Surround Camera
Park Pack
Accessories
Sunshades – Side Windows

Post #564197 Thu Aug 30 2018 5:20pm
Chris-52

United Kingdom 

Hi 1880
I love my opening glass roof and use it all the time fully open. It’s pretty draught-free even in the rear seats and has been fault-free and quiet when closed. I personally don’t like the black roof option, but that’s only my preference. The Meridian sound system is great in such a quiet car. The cooled seats have been a welcome addition during this year’s hot summer.
I am considering a 400e when I come to renew in 15 months time so will be interested in hearing your feedback 👍
Chris

Post #564228 Fri Aug 31 2018 9:17am

United Kingdom 

Thanks Chris - much appreciated. Am still thinking about the roof - may well give the dealer a call and see if I can get that changed to the opening version. Imagine my 3 year old will appreciate it as well... Very Happy

Wishing I had the cooled seats this summer - car will be delivered in December so will probably be some time before I get to use them...

Post #564229 Fri Aug 31 2018 9:52am

United Kingdom 

and will let you know how the p400e runs when I get it...

Post #564233 Fri Aug 31 2018 10:48am
Chris-52

United Kingdom 

👍👍👍

Post #564234 Fri Aug 31 2018 10:54am
syl

United Kingdom 

I prefer the look of the floating black roof, but on a dark car like mine (Carpathian) its really hard to tell the difference so I wouldn't pay extra for it. I also prefer the fixed sunroof. I have an opening one, that I never open, which has a bar across the middle. I would worry about leaks in future, though I will probably not own it myself by then. My wife has the full panoramic non-opening roof on her Evoque, which looks nicer and will never have problems with leaking.

PS - the parking is really not worth it. It is so slow and it works on the cars next to you, not on the position of white lines nor the kerb. If they are badly parked, you will be too - and if they are small, you could end up hitting the kerb. The cameras perhaps are worth it if you are going to tow and want the advanced tow assist, or have a really tight parking spot where you need to see the front wheel. I like adaptive cruise and blind spot monitors on the motorway. The best option, which you have specified, is the heated steering wheel. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #564237 Fri Aug 31 2018 12:28pm

United Kingdom 

Thanks Syl,

Good to hear both sides of the fix / opening roof debate. Mirrors my own thinking and still struggling with what is best on both sides of the argument.

I thought for a long time about getting Carpathian - really liked it in the show room, but as a £1.7k option it just didn't seem worth it so compromised with the Corris Grey. Hope I haven't made an error there as didn't really see what that looked like in the dealership.

I haven't gone for the Park Assist as don't really use it on my current car (2014 X5). The Park Pack has the 360 parking aids and exit / traffic monitors that will be helpful and with the surround camera should be all the wife and I need to park (we don't have a dedicated spot so a lot of parallel parking on the street). The adaptive cruise control just seemed like a lot of £££ at nearly £1600, but am open to persuasion on that.

Fully agree on the heated steering wheel - have it on the current car and wouldn't be without it!

Post #564238 Fri Aug 31 2018 1:09pm
Renaco

Germany 

Congrats for your decision to order a P400e.

Regarding the fixed/sliding glass roof question. I had now 3.5 years the sliding pano roof and I changed now to the fixed version.
Reason 1, I love quality and technical aesthetics. The supplier for the sliding roof delivers a cheap and not premium roof construction. The wind deflector mesh is wrinkling on all FFR & RRS I have seen so far. I hated to open the glass as I always see then this cheap mesh. Also it doesn’t open that wide than others in the market.
Reason 2, the look of a full pano glass is nicer and cleaner at all.
Reason 3, after 2 Years I got more and more noise(squeaks&ratttles) from the roof during the colder month, so it needed a lot of attention.

Regarding the contrast roof in Black. For me this works well on the FFRR, but not that good on the RRS.
The flying and floating roof of the RRS gets its appeal also from a bit ontrast to the black pillars. Only with contrast, the roof shape is clear separated and looks „flying“ like the first gen. Range Rover where looking.
An all black car/glass/roof together looks from back & side more like a van with missing shape, just a Box, as the Designed „shape“ gets lost.

If you are unsure about the roof, get it corris, as it is easy to wrap in black anytime. The other way around is expensive, as to get it later corris grey, you need a paint job.

But that’s only my eye..., nothing important, just another point of view Wink

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #564255 Fri Aug 31 2018 3:48pm

United Kingdom 

Thanks Rene,

Good thought. Hadn’t thought of the option to get the roof wrapped later.

Seems like there is a variety of opinions on both sides of the fixed / open debate. One of the cars in the dealership had a fixed roof and it did look very clean / nice. Am finding it very hard to decide between the two! Confused

Post #564259 Fri Aug 31 2018 7:23pm
Renaco

Germany 

Click image to enlarge

I am with you, its not that easy, both glass roof options are a good choice.
As the fixed pano is standard for the P400e, its not a big upcharge, so even harder to decide.

By the way, I wrapped my roof for a try at my former RRS and it worked well, also once they removed it, no damages... Wink 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #564260 Fri Aug 31 2018 7:40pm
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 

I have pretty much that spec: P400 Dynamic in Corrie grey with Ivory ...

Options I love are:
- Openning roof (use it all the time)
- Black contrast roof
- Adaptive cruise control
- Tow bar
- Heated steering wheel
- Side steps

Options I could live without:
- Park assist (we had this on an Audi A7 and used it all the time, but on the RRS it just doesn’t seem to work as well. Plus, the camera system works well enough)

Otherwise it comes with most of everything although I must work on the sat Nav as it seems to be using a lot of data on its Giff Gaff pay as you go card. Any suggestions for how I reduce its appetite for data? Question

Post #564269 Fri Aug 31 2018 9:23pm

United Kingdom 

Thanks both for the pics and thoughts

Rene your fixed roof does look really good. Love the big unbroken panel of glass, looks really clean. All this making the decision even harder!

Ws thanks for the pic - imagine that will be pretty similar to how mine will look I hope Thumbs Up Thanks also for the heads up on the Park Assist - in line with my thinking - not sure it will be used that much so haven’t bothered with it. Interested that a number of people have mentioned the adaptive cruise control - is it really worth the extra do you think? Can’t help you on the data pint just yet, but am sure others will! Don’t know if you have kids, the wife is now worried that the ivory interior will Mark and wants to go black - any thoughts welcomed.

Post #564286 Sat Sep 01 2018 9:42am
syl

United Kingdom 

It's only worth it if you drive on motorways. Then it's fantastic.

PS - the autobiography comes with the opening roof, black roof, adaptive cruise, heated wheel, 360 degree parking sensors, load through seats, etc. It can sometimes be worth stepping up a level if you're going to order lots of options. If you're buying on a PCP, because the autobiography will have a better residual and you'll get nothing back for your options, it is worth doing the maths for both.

PPS - I wouldn't have paid £1.7k for Carpathian, as much as I love it. It used to be a free option. I have a black interior (with black headlining too). I didn't want it to get dirty. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #564292 Sat Sep 01 2018 10:49am
Kens96

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I have a sliding roof but hardly ever open, I would be very happy with fixed.
Must haves for me are adaptive cruise control, the heated steering wheel, deployable side steps and errr… adaptive cruise control Very Happy 2014 3.0 RRS2 Autobiography

Post #564294 Sat Sep 01 2018 12:03pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The Ws of London wrote:

Otherwise it comes with most of everything although I must work on the sat Nav as it seems to be using a lot of data on its Giff Gaff pay as you go card. Any suggestions for how I reduce its appetite for data? Question

How much are you using, should be next to nothing unless you turn on Satellite view? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #564295 Sat Sep 01 2018 12:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>