RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Approved used farce
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

nebc100

Luxembourg 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

It doesn't seem that the LR customer services is any better here in Luxembourg.

A friend has a RRS for himself and he bought a Velar for his wife.

He has had the Velar for 4 months, and for 3 months the car has been in the LR garage having electrics systems updates etc.

In the end he wanted to reject the vehicle, and LR didn't want to know anything about it.

They offered to refund him 70% of the purchase price. That makes nearly 10% loss in value per month of ownership, and for 3 months the car was not even in his possession!!

I think that LR have to REALLY pull their socks up as far as customer services are concerned!!

Post #562876 Wed Aug 08 2018 11:55am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

As long as sales continue to be strong nothing will change Sad

I'm as guilty as anyone - took me another 6 years and 4 vehicles after things went bad before I decided to buy another brand but the temptation was still there to buy another for a long time Embarassed

I keep checking the LR forums but I can see it's getting worse not better so I'm sticking with my Mitsy- 20k trouble free miles and 2nd service next month means 2nd trip to dealer since purchased Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #562879 Wed Aug 08 2018 1:01pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Or buy LRs second hand and stay away from the dealer network. Works well for many of us. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #562892 Wed Aug 08 2018 3:25pm
brucei

United Kingdom 

Update !

Thanks to all who have replied to this topic with advise and support. Although owning a RRS thus far hasn't been what I had imagined, the community here has been great !

So.... vehicle returned filthy and with damaged wheels. Upon cleaning the soap off the wheels and and giving a good wash it appears 2 of the alloys are damaged and I now have a nice 18 inch scratch along the passenger door. 100% not there when Lr collected (I guess now thats for me to prove). Luckily I took detailed photos of each wheel the day it was collected.

Delayed my holiday by 2 days as I thought it would be prudent to give the car a shakedown so any other surprises would surface here rather than up some mountain in the middle of nowhere.

Car pulling to left on motorway and noise from passenger side front left(perhaps I'm being paranoid with the noise but not sure).

Took car to have tracking checked today and surprise is was toeing out left front and rear.

Tracking now sorted and due to leave tomorrow.

LR have been in contact with me so hopefully it will get resolved to my satisfaction but will keep all posted.

I will say however if it wasn't for my holiday I would have rejected the car 100%.

The situation I find myself in is my holiday was based on having this car, to reject it now would pretty much ruin that. The fact that the cars defects were reported 2 days after collection and it took a further 3 weeks to partly resolve would surely mean my 30 day return consumer right would need to be extended as in that 30 day period I have only been able to use for 1 day ?

its a shame that a prestigious brand doesn't have more control over their dealers actions. In my mind to adequately check a cars road worthiness prior to selling would involve some basics i.e. tyres, brakes, wheels, any loose steps, damaged bumper plastics hanging off, working air con etc etc ?!

Rest assured fellow dealer abused RRS owners I will not let this shoddy treatment and workmanship go unanswered. I am a laid back simple man but expect to be treated how I treat my customers both with workmanship and aftercare.

If I have to give my weekends up and emblazon my vehicle with reasons why NOT to buy approved used and park outside dealers on the public highway I damn well will.

Hopefully this will be resolved, the dealer will learn from this and in future sales and 165 point inspections they will up their game to give us all back a bit of trust and pride in owning these vehicles, rather than us all driving around feeling like mugs.

Thanks again all and ill update soon !

Post #562901 Wed Aug 08 2018 7:21pm
brucei

United Kingdom 
Update 2

Just to let you all know I’m currently in Spain stranded waited for Land Rover assistance to come out as the car won’t start !

Absolutely fuming ...

Post #563402 Fri Aug 17 2018 3:49pm
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
I’m sorry

But never pay in full for their benefits walk away thanking yr lucky stars is what I would have done, sounds like the sorta crap Saxton 4x4 do. My next avenue would be reject,write to JLR customer relations you can get their info from this website. Then name and shame to make sure no other poor sap gets the toe end of this sorry tail including if possible the reg plate so no one else buys the same lemon.

I a number of yrs ago walked into a dealer to find out why they had mislead Subaru UK with my vehicle figures. The reason they were so important was due to the engine letting go within its warranty and after fixing and then comparing my services book they wouldn’t fulfill the claim. I got the runaround and after 2 hrs sleep I wasn’t going to Censored about so I went in to find the director who had supposed gone on holiday for 2 weeks in the office. After telling everyone to walk away because they were lying cheating scumbags and threatening to put the dealership windows through I was invited into his office.

I walked out with the assurance the bill would be paid next day. Sure enough at 9am I got a call from the other dealer who had done the engine rebuild saying come pick your car up. St Ledger Subaru did the work and if it weren’t for the service manager helping me chesterfield Subaru who are now a Kia dealer would have got away with it. The Subaru franchise was taken away and hopefully the director was sacked.

Sometimes you just have to say NO and Censored it what ever the consequences. It’s a big brand and JLR need to take the responsibility we all think we deserve and they should give.

JLR, NO means NO we the people have just about had enough of your shoddy dealerships and their lack of manners outright distain to us the paying customer

Post #563406 Fri Aug 17 2018 5:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12