RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > [SOLD] L494 MY16 RRS Autobiography Dynamic (Pic Heavy)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

fkarim

United Kingdom 
[SOLD] L494 MY16 RRS Autobiography Dynamic (Pic Heavy)

Moving on to a different marque after enjoying 3 RRSs so my current Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic is for sale. It is in excellent condition with less than average mileage. I have owned it from new and feel that I spec’d it nicely when I ordered it. I have taken very good care of it from day one. Few niggles and quality control issues (cosmetic mainly) that I got dealer to sort out promptly. Trouble free motoring since then.

Despite thinking over a long period of time before deciding to change brand, it still makes me a bit sad to list it for sale. We have done some amazing long distance trips in this car and it has been faultless. It is a well-travelled car, as can be witnessed from the foreign vignettes and low emission zone sticker. I have driven it for 600+ miles in a single day on several occasions and never felt even slightest of tiredness. Excellent cruiser with more power than I could ever need/use and a super smooth gearbox that makes gear changes unnoticeable.

Some important details:

Registered September 2015, 65 plate, 2016 model year.
Still within manufacturer’s 3 year warranty.
3.0 SDV6 Diesel engine. 306 BHP. 8-Speed ZF gearbox.
Just hit 23,000 miles yesterday.
Carpatihian Grey which I believe is quite an expensive option now, even for Autobiography spec.
Sliding/Opening Panoramic Sunroof.
Santorini Black contrast roof.
Red brake callipers.
21” Diamond Cut Alloys.
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Tyres. 275/45/R21.

Based on Parkers valuation for private sale and the decent price that I have received from my local LR dealer for a “no strings attached” (i.e. no part exchange), hassle-free sale to them, I am pricing this car at £49,950. The dealer did a detailed appraisal and a test drive before finalising their valuation and took into account the desirable options the car has. I think they will easily make at least £5k on it. The car doesn’t need any prep (except the imminent 3rd service which will be complementary anyway) before putting on their forecourt.

I have finance on the car but have researched how it’s normally done: the buyer (or their finance company) can pay the outstanding balance to LR Finance directly, wait for them to confirm nothing is owning on the car, pay me the difference and take the car away.

I am based in North West London.

Condition:

A lot of the mileage comes from long motorway journeys rather than daily travel to work in slow traffic. No commuting involved. Hence never ran out of Ad-Blue and never threw any DPF warnings.
Tyres have 6mm tread remaining and have covered 20,000 miles as I put winter tyres on the car for 3,000 miles last winter.
When taking photos, even I was surprised at how clean we have managed to keep the interior, despite the light colour and 2 young children!
A few tiny “supermarket car park scars” on the near-side doors but only visible on close inspection.
3 wheels have been recently refurbished. I took out alloy wheel and tyre insurance so refurb has been carried out by a renowned company who did an excellent job. The 4th wheel has a tiny scuff, only visible when checked closely, so I decided not to bother with repairing it despite having insurance.
Mechanically and electrically the car is faultless and everything works as it should.
Suspension is in sound condition, raises and lowers quickly without any warnings.
I have regularly exercised the low range gearbox to prevent it from seizing up so no issues there either.
Been using a C-TEK smart charger to keep the battery topped up so it is in excellent health.
Wheels have been balanced recently.
I have had the 4 wheel alignment checked and adjusted a few times (including a week after taking delivery as I didn’t trust LR and dealer to check it properly). Every time using the Hunter system and kept well within tolerance. Resulted in a lovely driving experience and nice, even tyre wear throughout my ownership.

Optional extras on top of Autobiography spec that I paid for:

5 Year Service Plan. 3 services remaining.
Remote and timed park heating/ventilation using remote key fob and smartphone app. Super useful in both hot and cold weather.
Blind Spot Monitoring, Closing Vehicle Sensing and Reverse Traffic Detection. Superb safety features, especially when driving on the right side in the continent.
Privacy Glass.
Twin Sunvisors.
Extra Large Additional Washer Bottle.
Fixed Sidesteps fitted by dealer.
Front and Rear Mudflaps fitted by dealer.
Full Size Spare Wheel. Never used.
Load through middle rear seat in addition to 60/40 split.

Add-ons that I have fitted myself and can be included in the sale if required:

I had the front and rear tow eye covers colour coded to Carpathian Grey. Much nicer having just 2 colours (Carpathian Grey and Black) than having Corris Grey tow eye covers thrown into the mix too.

BlackVue DR500-GW HD dashcam. Front only and hardwired using the PowerMagic device to conserve battery.
CTEK Comfort Connector hardwired in the boot fuse box for quick and easy smart charger connection. CTEK charger NOT included in the price but can negotiate a price if needed.

I also have some other items that I will no longer need. I will list them for sale once the car is gone but can include them for a price if the buyer is interested. These are: 4 x winter tyres with only 2,980 miles on them, rubber floor mats, rubber boot mat and IIDTool Bluetooth model.

Key Features Standard in Autobiography Spec:

Heated steering wheel.
825 Watt Meridien sound system.
Two tone seats.
Heated rear seats and climate (heated and cooled) front seats.
3 zone climate control.
Adaptive cruise control with queue assist.
Forward alert.
Active speed limiter.
Rear parking camera.
Alston (suede or suede-like) headlining.
Centre console electric cool box.
Luxury carpet mats.
And many more ...

If I have missed anything, please feel free to ask.

Lot of Pictures:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Last edited by fkarim on Wed Aug 22 2018 8:31pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #562670 Sat Aug 04 2018 11:44pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Nice car & nicely specced,,if I was in the market for one of these I’d be on a train down to London to purchase,,I cannot see you having any problems selling as long as someone is in the market for one.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #562676 Sun Aug 05 2018 7:32am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks Andy. It would be nice if someone here takes it. I would get a little bit more than what dealer has offered and buyer would be able to save a decent chunk even after factoring in extended warranty cost for 2 years. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #562678 Sun Aug 05 2018 7:46am
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Gorgeous Thumbs Up credit to how you have kept her Mr. Green

I just bought a Hev I don't have it yet but if I wasn't after one of these Hev's I would of bought this off you straight away.

Good luck with the sale.

Tom.

Post #562681 Sun Aug 05 2018 8:11am
SRE

Spain 

Great looking car with a fantastic spec, I hope it sells quickly. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #562686 Sun Aug 05 2018 9:28am
SRE

Spain 

I see your selling your GAP IIDTool, so I guess that means your dumping the Land Rover Brand Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #562687 Sun Aug 05 2018 9:30am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Yes, at least for now. Trying a Volvo this time. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #562697 Sun Aug 05 2018 1:27pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

XC90 or XC60?

My car is v similar to yrs bu only done 10k miles but we can’t find anything to beat it so far so are looking at keeping at when the PCP ends next month.

Good luck with the sale. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #562715 Sun Aug 05 2018 10:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

XC90.

I won’t say it beats the RRS but there are certainly areas where one is ahead of the other. For example XC90 is better in terms of tech, space, 7 seats (3rd row is actually usable), interior layout and “like for like” costs much less despite the luxury feel.

RRS has obviously superior off-road capability (which I don’t need), quality of controls is better, SDV6 engine sounds lovely and the car’s drive is definitely sportier.

Then there are things where both are very similar, like ride comfort.

Dealer experience ... no contest: Volvo wins hands down. For instance when showing my car to one of the dealers yesterday for valuation, the salesman lacked basic customer/people skills. Also, when I was listing the optional extras, he didn’t know anything about most of them and kept getting them wrong. This model is still in production (ok there’s been a facelift but fundamentally stays the same and the options list hasn’t changed much) so no excuse for lack of product knowledge. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #562716 Sun Aug 05 2018 10:40pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Any interest? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #562829 Tue Aug 07 2018 6:06pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Provisionally sold to an independent dealer, pending payment/collection next week. I now need a "run-around" very soon to fill the gap between this going and XC90 arriving. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #563385 Fri Aug 17 2018 8:13am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive got a nice VW Amarok for sale that will do as a run around Wink Wink
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123312005042

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #563386 Fri Aug 17 2018 8:22am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

GLWS mate car looks fab.

I needed a run around in between cars and use these guys...took a BMW 1 Series M Sport plus fully loaded for £400 for a month which is dirt cheap as car rental companies wanted £1000+ for a corsa!

https://www.apexrental.co.uk/long_term_rental/cars/automatic/

Post #563387 Fri Aug 17 2018 8:25am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
Ive got a nice VW Amarok for sale that will do as a run around Wink Wink
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123312005042

Andy

LOL Andy. £22k is not my idea of a run-around! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #563388 Fri Aug 17 2018 8:29am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
GLWS mate car looks fab.

I needed a run around in between cars and use these guys...took a BMW 1 Series M Sport plus fully loaded for £400 for a month which is dirt cheap as car rental companies wanted £1000+ for a corsa!

https://www.apexrental.co.uk/long_term_rental/cars/automatic/

Thanks. Will take a look at that website. I did consider hiring but the cheapest I could get was about £550/month for a Corsa. I am perfectly happy with a Corsa or similar for a month or two but not happy paying that much for the privilege. Buying a sub £2k car and selling it when the XC90 arrives seems like the cheaper option but hiring is less of a hassle so attractive. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #563389 Fri Aug 17 2018 8:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>