RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Refused Warranty Direct claim.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bonzer

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Refused Warranty Direct claim.

Hi guys,

I am getting an awful noise from my front offside suspension on my 2013 Range Rover Sport when I turn right so contacted Warranty Direct who I have my warranty with and they told me to take it to my local main dealer. A technician took it out for a drive and advised the problem was coming from the anti roll bar bushes and would need replacing.
I took the vehicle in today to be repaired and when the dealership contacted Warranty Direct they refused the claim because the garage said although there was play in the bushes and the cause of the noise they would not fail an MOT.
Wondering what you guys think?

Dave.

Post #562473 Thu Aug 02 2018 11:03am
PEACHY

England 

I've had a few conversations with warranty companies Rolling Eyes LR dealerships use a red - Amber - Green format - unless it's red the approved warranty will not authorise repair / replacement. My Sport has a leak on the rear diff - it will be replaced when it becomes worse - it's booked in next Wed - 5 weeks after the fault was found - if the dealership want my business they are aware they need to make the issue RED Whistle

Good luck. Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #562477 Thu Aug 02 2018 12:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bonzer

Hi Peachy,

Yes basically that`s what Warranty Direct have said it has to be totally shot for them to meet the claim and in the meantime I have to put up with the awful noise. I did say to the dealership why did you say it needed replacing and then tell the warranty company it would pass an MOT? Sad

Post #562480 Thu Aug 02 2018 12:41pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I bet when the warranty company were taking your money,,,they didn't say (we wont take payment till you make a claim)

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #562483 Thu Aug 02 2018 1:10pm
PEACHY

England 

Did the dealership give you a timescale regarding total failure of the components - THEY can't because it depends on mileage - driving conditions etc etc - Have the warranty company agreed that they would replace the parts once they become an MOT failure - I would represent the Sport back to the dealer at a time that suits you with the same issue but stress the noise has now become unbearable. Do you have to use main dealers ? 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #562484 Thu Aug 02 2018 1:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bonzer

Hi Peachy,

The noise is quite bad already, to the point that pedestrians turn and look when they hear it Smile
Basically Warranty Direct have said the arb bushes are covered but I will have to wait until they fail an MOT.
I have authorised the dealership to carry out the repairs as I feel that continuing to drive the car is its current condition will cause accelerated wear to other suspension components. i have also sent a strongly worded complaint to Warranty Direct asking them to reconsider as i can find no where in their terms and conditions that state the component should be totally shot. If the dealership consider it requires replacing that should be good enough.
The reason I am using a main dealer is I paid extra for this and it is guaranteed they use genuine parts.

Regards,
Dave

Post #562488 Thu Aug 02 2018 1:53pm
bonzer

Hi guys,
Just a quick update Warranty Direct have accepted my view that leaving the bushes until they totally fail could potentially result if a far high claim due to accelerated wear by not addressing the problem now. Common sense has prevailed, thanks to Peachy and Tyrefitter for your support. Just goes to show it`s worth fighting your corner if you feel you are right. Very Happy

Post #562539 Thu Aug 02 2018 11:23pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Excellent result. Sanity prevails. I think I would blame this on the dealer’s clumsy presentation to WD.

I have had a good experience with WD. When I buy new again I will go with WD rather than LR when the first 3 years are up. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #562543 Fri Aug 03 2018 6:41am
bonzer

Hi guys,

Thought I would let you know I`ve been driving the car quite a bit at the weekend and no noise at all and I can`t believe the difference is has made it drives like a different car. Happy days Very Happy

Post #562730 Mon Aug 06 2018 11:44am
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

i guess you cant change the thread title to "Warranty Direct claim paid out" Thumbs Up Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #562735 Mon Aug 06 2018 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1