RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > L494 - meridian reference stereo...doors speakers static ...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Farmer Chalk

L494 - meridian reference stereo...doors speakers static ...

Anyone had this problem?
Got a 16 plate 5.0S with the Meridian Reference stereo.... over the last few days both front door speakers have occasionally started crackling despite the stereo system being switched off.... thought it may be connected to Bluetooth phone connection issues and thus switched off everyone’s phone...

Car still having a static crackle despite all phones off and stereo off.....!! It doesn’t seem to make any noise at lower speeds and was definately worse at motorway speeds and particularly on poor surfaces.... it sounds like a loose connection which is make worse with a rough road surface...

Thoughts anyone? Very Happy

Post #567534 Tue Oct 23 2018 9:52pm
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hi farmer chalk.

See my thread which sounds exactly like your issue Thumbs Up

Hope it helps.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic52285.html

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #567535 Tue Oct 23 2018 10:16pm
Farmer Chalk

Thanks Tom!
Will get out in the morning and make sure it’s switched off! Thank you very much for responding! I will let you know how I get on!
Regards ian

Post #567538 Tue Oct 23 2018 11:34pm
thomas brown

No worries mate Thumbs Up I was in the same boat as you until the guys on here helped me out.

So far I have had no issues since switching off the conversation assist Mr. Green

Cheers.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #567568 Wed Oct 24 2018 6:17pm
Farmer Chalk

Switched it off and will see where we go from here... got long journey tomorrow so will report success after that! Here’s hoping! Thanks again!

Post #567578 Wed Oct 24 2018 8:47pm
thomas brown

No worries, I'm certain it will solve your issue Thumbs Up

Cheers 👍.

Post #567599 Wed Oct 24 2018 10:51pm
Farmer Chalk

Well Mr Thomas Brown... you are my Superhero!

Switched it off yesterday.. just got in after a 400 mile round trip down to the West Country and not a squeak!

You were totally right...and in retrospect it would crackle when the car was being driven on the motorway or on uneven ground so presumably the resonance was obviously just at a certain frequency that would interact with the conversation assist software!

Many thanks again !

Post #567663 Thu Oct 25 2018 11:50pm
thomas brown

Hi Farmer Chalk.

Glad it worked for you Thumbs Up Its a relief it doesn't do it as it was driving me mad in mine too !

Anytime mate we are happy to help Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Post #567665 Fri Oct 26 2018 6:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1