RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > BITE THE BULLET
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

slcar

United Kingdom 
BITE THE BULLET

Ive got to say I know some on here call their Local Main Agents "Main Stealers" but in my experience when it comes to fault finding it is better to just take the financial pain because I can guarantee you there are no shortcuts with the type of technology that you are dealing with on these vehicles. It would probably cost less in the long run by the time you've tried the alternatives both in time and money. The key is to be clear with the dealer from the start and agree that they must not proceed with anything until they have cleared it with yourself that way there are no nasty surprises.

Any way for future reference this car in question had an intermittent problem that only occured when the car was cold. It was an 05 Reg TDV6 HSE only done 45k with FLRSH so beware. The problem was that now and again it would idle very agressively until it warmed up but was hard to pinpoint because it did not do it all the time and it never threw up any warning lights on the dash. Eventually we dcided to take it to our local Main Agent and they kept it overnight luckily it faulted the next morning and they were able to diagnose it as requiring 2 EGR valves that were sticking.

Without the correct equipment and software and a bit of luck these days it just isnt worth getting involved with.

Stuart.

Post #240536 Mon Oct 19 2009 2:42pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Wise words. Alternatively, of course, join a forum like ours where such a problem is reported on quite a regular basis and you can then take our advice to the dealer who can do the appropriate fix Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #240542 Mon Oct 19 2009 3:14pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

And there are good dealers and back dealers - sounds like yours did want to get the problem sorted, others don't. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #240544 Mon Oct 19 2009 3:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The EGR valves are one of those things that keep causing problems. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #240553 Mon Oct 19 2009 3:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1