RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Do you pay sticker price for nearly new at franchise dealer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Do you pay sticker price for nearly new at franchise dealer?

Hi All

I'm about to take the plunge for a one year old (67 or 17 plate) SDV6 RRS.

Finance in place, now scouring the ads at the moment drawing up suitable candidates.

How likely are you to get a discount from the sticker price at a dealer.

Prices are around the £55-60K mark.

I've pulled discounts on new and used at BMW and Merc garages before - but wonder how firm the sticker prices are at LR Dealerships.

What's your experience? I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #560859 Fri Jul 06 2018 10:07am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

It all depends on dealer targets etc - catch them at a good time and you could get at least 10-12% off the sticker price. I would start with 5%

Post #560860 Fri Jul 06 2018 10:10am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Pity you just missed the end of June and end of quarter when they would be keen to do a deal if they were under allocation and might miss bonuses........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560867 Fri Jul 06 2018 1:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m13lky

United Kingdom 

If no trade in I would expect at least 5% off everywhere except Stratstone, they are usually the cheapest au cars out there, if you are specific on what you want & it’s the sought after options, colours etc, then they will pobably not give you as much off as they do know what sells quickly. As Tim said end of quarters are always best to squeeze them hard but they all still have monthly targets to hit. I know you say finance is in place but you will probably get a better deal by taking theirs as long as you get the rate knocked right back, some people have mentioned getting it at around 4.9% depending on how desperate the dealers are to shift the cars. I’d start off with viewing locally & then search for comparables online, the price spread on very similar cars can easily be around £10k on RRS which is worrying especially if you buy at the high end of the bracket!

Good luck with your search!

Post #560871 Fri Jul 06 2018 3:12pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

mercuryl, may I start by congratulating your selfie. Shocked

In terms of discount on a car like you describe 10% is pretty huge and the dealer may simply not have enough in the car to move that much. £5k is a lot of lolly once they have taken the car in, carried the risk for however long it takes to sell, the warranty etc. But it’s never an issue to start low. Very low. BUT always cobble the silly offer with an unequivocal commitment to sign right here, right how. “If you can sell me this car for £42,500 I will sign right now.” This shows clear intent and opens the negotiation. He says you’re mad, it has to be 52 that is the best he can do.. you say there are too many alternatives on the market. But you love this car and prefer not travel.., how about 45. He says: no can do, you joker, 51,500 is the best he can do. You say you don’t wanna leave the showroom without buying the car. So how about 46. He says it’s impossible. So you get up to leave. (And then he watches you drive off because he’s a crap salesman. The end. You both lose. Moral: always get the hungry, annoying salesman, that’s where the deal is).

Alternative ending you both agree on 49k and a free tank of derv. Thumbs Up L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #560896 Fri Jul 06 2018 11:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1