RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Help to source a RR sport 35 - 45k budget
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wilpert

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Help to source a RR sport 35 - 45k budget

As per my other thread, i have devided to keep our old 2007 135k miles TDV8 sport.
Basically it's too good to sell for silly money, escpecially given that its just had new wishbones, brakes, service and over the years new turbos, hand brake and airs supension pump. So I will use this as a winter beast and put my boxster S to rest.

We still need a new car for Mrs Wilpert and the search begins now.
So: we toyed with a Porsche Macan, which could still be on the cards.

BUT Mrs Wilpert is still veering towards a RR sport.

I need to hone it down to must have options and spec etc.

Any recommendations on what one would call must haves, I can kick off with panaromic sun roof and a decent trim plus black or grey exterior:
Anything else that we should look out for?

Which is the best package i.e. autobiography etc. this is a minefiled, there are so many options out there.

Post #560735 Thu Jul 05 2018 7:49am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would agree with the panomic roof - remember it comes in two forms, fixed and opening, if you can get an opening one it would be a bonus. I have just partexchanged a 2015 (15 plate) HSE Dynamic with privacy, fixed pano and 22” OEM style 504 alloys as factory options and the stainless steel front and rear bash plates as dealer fitted options. It has just short of 23000 miles and should just fall into the upper end of your budget when it goes onto the Inverness dealer’s forecourt. It was also Corris Grey with an Ebony and Lunar interior. I don’t think that there any must haves apart from the pano roof but there are some nice to haves! Full size spare is always useful but not a must have as the car gets a suitable spare, the balance of any paid for service agreement is nice to have (mine went with 2 years still to run _ it is transferable to later owners and gives free servicing), one nice not to have because of all the issues appears to be InControl Touch Pro which came in with 2016MY, the 825watt audio used to be standard but cars later than 2016 have a 380 watt system that is rubbish, if you can find one with the 1700w Meridian it is excellent but I wouldn’t pay extra on a used car to get it. If you do a lot of miles on the motorway then the additional washer water tank (a £30 optional extra) is useful but not a must have. Also bear in mind that there are two versions of the HSE......... HSE and HSE Dynamic, the dynamic gives the full on off-road transmission with auto-terrain response and the trick handling pack - I would always choose that over the non-Dynamic even though there is a lot more to go wrong with it the handling is hugely improved in Dynamic mode. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560736 Thu Jul 05 2018 8:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The problem with the whole "must haves" is that each is personal. Do you mean "what will be best come time to sell it?" or "which are really great and you couldn't live without?"? Buying a car with a view to what someone else will want 2 years down the line is not on my own agenda, that's for sure.

For me, for example, I'd have ACC - had it in my old TDV8 and miss it in my SDV6. Lots of others have said they don't like ACC however. I wouldn't be bothered about a sunroof / panoramic roof either but for others it seems to be an absolute "yes please!". I'd want the smallest wheels that would fit over the brakes - others absolutely must have 22 inch diamond turned wheels with rubber band tyres.

Must haves for me would be small wheels, ACC, decent stereo (I guess that's not the standard one then), 4 zone air con and the 4.4 SDV8 engine. Others will look at that lot and say "meh".

Sorry, I haven't been very helpful but I have got it off my chest. Very cathartic. Whistle

Good luck with the search Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #560740 Thu Jul 05 2018 8:44am
wilpert

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Good replies, thanks,

I feel that reading both posts so far, tells me what I should already know "its all about personal choice"

Agreed, you shouldnt buy a car for the next buyer but with so many RR sports out there on the market, I would rather have the confidence that I have one that will be easy to sell on if the day comes.

I also have to consider that my my missus, who will be the main driver, is very sensitive to things that arent blingy, aka the big wheels and sun roof Smile

Neither of us are at all fussed about ACC

When I bought our exisitng RR sport, it had 22" bad boys on it and it rumbled along like a tank.

I changed them for 20s and sold the bad boys on eBay Mrs Wilpert still goes on about it 4 years down the line.

Assume that the larger wheels on the later models are a better ride?

Post #560741 Thu Jul 05 2018 9:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

L494 RRS was designed to take up to 22” L320 was not and suspension suffered as a result when wheels bigger than 20” were fitted. Also L320 had problems with suspension bushes that caused rumbles from the suspension even after relatively short life. I have a TDv8 that went through 2 sets on the front end within warranty. I had no issues with ride quality on 22’s on my recently departed SDv6bHSD and there was still 5.5mm tread depth all round after 23000 miles some of which were off road. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560745 Thu Jul 05 2018 9:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1