Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > loan car....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ozzievechi

England 
loan car....

I need to get my car in for some warranty work:

(squealing brakes F/R, faded rear red callipers, loose/free floating washer jets, wind noise from passenger door, huge turbo lag on an SDV8)

Instead of a rubbish disco sport loan car I want either a sport or a FF.... what do you do to get one of these, any dealers around Essex/London who are generous with their cars, special handshake/code word!??

Just got off the phone with Grange in Hainault and they wont even discuss it with me...Disco Sport or nothing....

Post #560561 Tue Jul 03 2018 12:05pm
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I would suggest you don't use Grange in Hainault if you can help it, my experience with them every time has been terrible.

The majority of the time you will end up with a Jag XF as a loan car from them, I have had a base model Disco only once from them.

Post #560566 Tue Jul 03 2018 1:31pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 
Re: loan car....

ozzievechi wrote:

(squealing brakes F/R, faded rear red callipers, loose/free floating washer jets, wind noise from passenger door, huge turbo lag on an SDV8)

Instead of a rubbish disco sport loan car I want either a sport or a FF.... what do you do to get one of these, any dealers around Essex/London who are generous with their cars, special handshake/code word!??

Just got off the phone with Grange in Hainault and they wont even discuss it with me...Disco Sport or nothing....

Unless you know the dealer well and have an established relationship with them this will be a tough call as most courtesy cars are Evoques or Disco sports.

Another way to maybe blag this would be to approach a sales guy with a view to buying a FFRR and ask for a test drive. When things progress you can tell them you need to book your car in for warranty work anyway so maybe they could lend you the car then?

Post #560569 Tue Jul 03 2018 2:05pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Dealers are not obliged to give you a loan car, normally they are called courtesy cars and do bear in mind that if you are looking for a FFRR they have to own one to lend to you and often they save any FFRR for FFRR customers. I bought 2 cars from Grange Barnett and was advised not to go back for servicing - as I live in Scotland that was never a problem as I took my cars to the excellent nearby dealers for warranty work and servicing. However because they didn’t sell me the cars I took for servicing I went to the bottom of the heap for a courtesy car unless they knew I was coming around to time to change cars when I would be asked if I would like to try a Jaguar XE or whatever was the new model to the market for the day........... as I had another LR product sitting on my drive at home I usually asked for a lift home 20 minutes drive away - that was usually in a chauffeur driven Fiat Punto driven by one of their delivery drivers........... I only once got a better car than I put in for servicing and that was a FFRR 3.6 TDv8 Vogue Courtesy car that I ended up buying as I wanted to buy a facelift RRS Tdv8 to replace my 1st one but Land Rover has pulled the plug on RRS 3.6 TDv8 RRS 2 weeks before. After the 3.6 RRS the FFRR was much less of a driver’s car............ it had a beautiful interior but it had next to no brakes after the RRs’s Brembos! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560571 Tue Jul 03 2018 2:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilchesth

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver

Quite a long way but here in Truro Cornwall they gave me a brand new Range Rover Velar. Very pleased with that but I kindly asked for it, not sure if they weren't that busy that I got my wish or I got lucky. Either way I will kindly ask again next time, hopefully not any time soon. 2008 Range Rover Sport 2.7 SE Zermatt Silver.

Post #560579 Tue Jul 03 2018 3:45pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

They probably gave you the Velar hoping you would buy it seeing as they arnt selling many Laughing Laughing

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #560580 Tue Jul 03 2018 4:00pm
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Maybe I should get the car sorted when I'm in Cornwall with the family.

Post #560582 Tue Jul 03 2018 4:04pm
Nowaytk

England 
Re: loan car....

RRSman wrote:
ozzievechi wrote:

Unless you know the dealer well and have an established relationship with them this will be a tough call as most courtesy cars are Evoques or Disco sports.

Another way to maybe blag this would be to approach a sales guy with a view to buying a FFRR and ask for a test drive. When things progress you can tell them you need to book your car in for warranty work anyway so maybe they could lend you the car then?

Got to be careful with this tactic, I used the same lines ‘might be thinking of buying etc’ and when my evoque went in for warranty work, ended up with a sport, ended up buying one Rolling Eyes , then same for the sport, they gave me a fully loaded velar, the rest is history, Rolling with laughter 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #560584 Tue Jul 03 2018 4:21pm
ozzievechi

England 

nice tip RRSMan I think I will go down this route as I want to see if my SDV8 engine is working 100% anyway so will ask to test drive a FF SDV8 or a MY18 RRS SDV8.....had a 2.0 disco sport for a week and I hated it..actually mad eme feel sea sick

....first world problems eh!

Post #560585 Tue Jul 03 2018 4:27pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

My Sc goes in for service on the 14th of this month,,I hope they don’t give me a svr as a loan car,,,,,if they do it could be a expensive service.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #560599 Tue Jul 03 2018 6:31pm
DEVON

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Andy ..... My farther always said
“if you don’t ask you don’t get”
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #560604 Tue Jul 03 2018 7:50pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Wait for the car to breakdown and when its recovered the loan car is the responsibility of LR Assist. I drive a RRS but over the last 18 month have probably spent around 6 months driving FFRR loan cars. The most recent one being a MY18 4.4 AB Vogue which I had for 3 weeks.

In fact I have had so many Vogues from LR Assist that I no longer feel the need to buy one. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #560625 Tue Jul 03 2018 11:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1