RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2008 RRS Gearbox
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I never had my sdv6 rock up in 3rd or 4th pre remap. 2nd gear starts, yep. All the time. The remap completely changed it. All sorted.

Post #560513 Mon Jul 02 2018 9:20pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
For the 8 speed box there was a software upgrade in 2016 from ZF and that transformed the gearbox - it was a TSB that was done at a standard service - after my car was done I very rarely needed Sport mode or the paddles to get me away from a junction like I had had to do before the new software was installed. It also didn’t shift up gears so early on the Rev band.
It might be worth looking to see if your SDv6 has had that software change applied RRSTDv8.

I use an indy but I'll ask at my next visit as I'm sure they'll be able to figure it out either way. I'll probably go for a flush at the same time anyway as it's coming up to 70k miles now. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #560588 Tue Jul 03 2018 4:34pm
RRSTDV8

Father Jack - I found that it sometimes rolls in to roundabouts at 10mph in 4th. Found that by flipping the down paddle on the approach and seeing what gear it went in to. Suffice to say that at 10mph in 4th it has the response time of a Govt Department followed by a hard down shift and lurch forward!

From stand still I've pulled the down paddle and sometimes it then shows 2nd (3rd, once or twice) which suggests it was in 3rd or even 4th at the stand still. Not helpful pulling in to traffic. Censored

Which remap did you use? I've been told the Alive one is very helpful in making it more sprightly. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #560591 Tue Jul 03 2018 4:41pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I can honestly say I have never had your experience but have noted by the same method you describe that at stop it was in 2nd. If anything when rolling to a stop it feels as if it is essentially in neutral as revs drop to around 800 or so.

I took mine to Alive though they have agents (disco mikey for example). Thoroughly recommend it. You need to check specific model year and variant: they did mine a couple or so years back and at that time couldnt do via obd port so was an ecu out job.

That said done while I waited at around 3 or so hours. They are very careful, no obvious sign ecu out and no problems related to it since.

Post #560602 Tue Jul 03 2018 6:56pm
RRSTDV8

Thanks. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #560628 Wed Jul 04 2018 12:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12