RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2010 RRS glassgate not opening. Switch OK, power at switch.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

timbont

Australia 
2010 RRS glassgate not opening. Switch OK, power at switch.

Hi all, can anyone help with tailglass tailgate problem on my L320 2010 RRS. I have read all posts relating tailglass. My upper tailglass tailgate worked fine until one day it stopped opening. All the fuses are fine, no warning signs and no OBD2 error reading. I can open the whole tailgate but not the upper. I have made sure that the whole tailgate is closing properly even by closing the lock with a screwdriver. I have removed the switch and it has 5v and an earth, shorting these out does not open the gate. The switch has no corrosion, has good resistance and the switch works fine. I have removed as much as I can of the inside trim but as the top is still closed I can not remove completely. The inside lock has 4 wires to it, anyone with ideas what wire to trip it open? Some people have mentioned programming the key remote to open the tailglass but as it’s a 2010 model the manual says a dealer is needed to change the option from tailgate to tailglass, any method other than the dealer? Thanks in advance for any help.

Post #559259 Mon Jun 18 2018 9:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1