RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > One for those who have left L494 for something else
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

SRE

Spain 
Could be of interest to those up north the other side of the

Talking to Pat at GAP, he tells me they are working hard on support for the F Pace with their IIDTool. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Last edited by SRE on Sun Jun 17 2018 4:43pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #559203 Sun Jun 17 2018 12:43pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

JOCK55 wrote:
Qashquai Mikey....... WooooHooooo, go for it Mike! Thumbs Up

I can't run a Nissan Laughing

JLR are waaaay overpriced, so I'm sticking with 2nd hand for the time being

Post #559218 Sun Jun 17 2018 3:55pm
V8tdi

Wales 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well also for me today signed double deal with BMW and the RRS time has come to an end

While I really liked the car the constant bugs with software like no access to in control, Spotify,EBB,deployable steps and and and.

It’s such a shame Jlr can’t get basic functionality right and then coupled with the poor dealer support shown with the squealing brakes recently I just thought ok time to change

I was in my local BMW dealer looking to change my 435d and in the end got an amazing double deal on an M4 with 91 miles on the clock and also a stunning brand new fully loaded X5 M50d

Bmw dealer has always taken great care of me and unlike Lr really wanted and appreciated my business and that in the end swung it for me

Won’t be 100% away as my new company car RRS Autobiography arrives in Stuttgart on Wednesday so will ironically be in a uk wagon in Germany and German wagons back home on the island

But so far communication with the dealer in Stuttgart was on a par with the uk so I wait and see how it goes I just hope all the my18 bugs are fixed on it

Post #559222 Sun Jun 17 2018 4:30pm
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Been away from the forum for a while, traded in the old sport for a new bmw x5 msport 2 years ago i have to say bmw have been fantastic in there service and realiability, only had 1 issue with the drain tubes blocked on the pano roof they had it in fixed within a day but unfortunately whilst putting the b pillar trims back on they got the seatbelt caught and never realised it was stuck anyway back to the dealers the next day fixed whilst i waited and a goodwill gesture of 2 new front tyres that they advised needed doing on the service whilst it was in. Price to bmw £750 as they are 21"runflats they said to bring it in when the 2 fronts are low enough that they need changing and they would replace which they did 2 months after. My brother has the L494 sport this has been into land rover 3 times for a dpf problem and a boot rattle the last time it was in they said they had fixed the rattle it was the jack, it was still there when he drove it out so we fixed it ourselves it was the boot latch receiver that needed ajusting but is well above land rovers technical abilities

Post #559230 Sun Jun 17 2018 6:36pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

fkarim wrote:
Not yet.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post561756.html#561756 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #561758 Sat Jul 21 2018 6:45pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Sold mine in February due to:

Crankshaft concerns - mine had done 68,000 miles (relatively trouble free) and on extended warranty and didn't want to be exposed to uncertainty of warranty not covering the repair.

Anti-diesel mentality - killing residuals

Commute costs - I drive into London and Westminster jacked up parking costs for diesels.

Main dealers - shocking experience at all four different main dealers that I've used (have a Defender and my wife used to have an Evoque)

It was no-brainer for me to switch to a Tesla model S as now no congestion charge, £1.62 to park on meters all day in Westminster, a few quid a night to charge it up plus decent tax breaks from buying it through my company.

Still miss the RRS as it was a very comfortable drive but the above unfortunately drove me away.

PS Replaced my wife's written off Evoque (not her fault) with a Mercedes GLC 43 AMG and that has crabbing issues, 22 MPG and crap main dealers too! Deposit down for the Tesla model 3 to replace.

PPS Tesla after sales crap too for balance!

Post #561766 Sat Jul 21 2018 8:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I miss the ride and comfort of my RRS hugely, I don’t miss the stress of waiting for the crank to snap or the general running costs. Electric cars are the way to go even when you live in the back of beyond! Mini’s dealership attitude is great especially when you think their most expensive model is less than half the cost of an RRS HSED or RRS PHEV, electronics just work and paint finish and assembly quality are on a different planet to JLR’s.......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #561767 Sat Jul 21 2018 9:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Tim,

Interesting to read this as I, like you, am a lifelong LR fan.

I am currently in a beautifully specced L405, it's simply stunning but has not been without niggles that have sometimes required a bit of an argument over to get fixed.

I was toying with the idea of moving back to a sport, and swapping mine for a 5.0SC L494. (I previously had the L322 5.0 and I miss the power) but reading all of these comments kinda puts me off. Of course, it won't be subject to the crankshaft problem but the 5.0 did have tensioner issues causing a very rattly engine.

For every one unhappy person on this forum, there's probably a few hundred happy ones, or maybe forum owners are just more perceptive to minor issues by nature, who knows.

So, not sure what to do! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #561998 Wed Jul 25 2018 12:38pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
For every one unhappy person on this forum, there's probably a few hundred happy ones, or maybe forum owners are just more perceptive to minor issues by nature, who knows.

This. Not many people would feel the need to come to a forum and praise their cars for not having any issues. Why would they? It's just working as it should, as expected.

The bit in bold is also key: I wonder how many "regular" owners who don't look at forums would have gone to their dealers to complain about things like flaking brake calliper paint, slightly saggy seat leather or faint squeaks when braking at low speeds. Yet many on here (including me) did. I actually examined seat leather fit very closely after reading about issues here. Perhaps if it was too bad, I would have noticed it myself, but it wasn't. Because I had seen it here, I kept looking at my rear brakes every few weeks until I saw signs of flaking paint. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #562015 Wed Jul 25 2018 4:10pm
Rich

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Recently changed my 8.5 year old RRS for a new Skoda Kodiak Scout. Couldn't be happier with the change. I loved the RRS which I had for 3.5 years but I just couldn't justify the cost of another one. I think JLR are taking the mickey with their "premium brand" attitude and prices.

The Skoda has everything I want and was well under half the price of a new (low spec) RRS. My motoring costs have fallen quite a bit. Cheaper tax & insurance; first two services included in price; 35 (petrol) mpg at motorway speeds.

I'd had Landrover products as main vehicle since 1998 (Freelander, RR Classic, Disco 2, Disco 3, RRS) but they've lost me now, except I've still got my Defender which is definitely a keeper!

Post #562030 Wed Jul 25 2018 7:39pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

fkarim wrote:
RRUK wrote:

I should quantify that I am very OCD like most of us, and do notice the small things and strive to get them right. As I get older and have less time for myself though, I am becoming a little more relaxed, just because my time is precious and I'd rather spend it doing something fun or constructive than moaning at a dealer about something most people will never see or hear.

I hate being so OCD! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #562033 Wed Jul 25 2018 8:21pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I went for a blast in the new VW Tourag today and was very impressed.

Handling and driving well on par with a L494. A fantastic cockpit and infotainment screen system and a larger boot.

I priced up an R Line Tech on CarWow with everything you could ever want on a car, along with a similarly spec’ed RRS HSE. The Tourag came out £16,000 cheaper......

When I come to change in September 2019 I will certainly be considering the big VW especially as it will have a V8 in it from early next year.

Jim

Post #562515 Thu Aug 02 2018 7:42pm
syl

United Kingdom 

I'm surprised it was only £16k. The downside is it will probably be £16k cheaper in 3 years time too, so the total cost of ownership would be the same. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #562520 Thu Aug 02 2018 8:38pm
SRE

Spain 

Hi Tim
Looks like fkarim is now jumping ship.
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic51745.html In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #562688 Sun Aug 05 2018 9:33am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yep, and he’s gone for the PHEV version! More Milk Floats on the forum. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #562691 Sun Aug 05 2018 10:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>