RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Air suspension fault..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Themoog

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red
Air suspension fault..

Right then.. Getting a bit annoyed now as we have only had this car a month..
The wife came home today and said it has a suspension fault. Sure enough it says 'normal height only' and the yellow light is on.
It goes away after restarting but if I select off road height the car only seems to lift at on front corner then it stops and the warning comes back on. I can lower it to normal again.
I haven't got a diagnostic tool yet so can anyone point me in the right direction?
Im tempted to return it to the car dealer but he is miles away and could prove to be a load of hassle..

Post #557785 Wed May 30 2018 7:12pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

If its a dealer sorry then take it back as you will have 3 months warranty from them why should you have the issue or the expense could be the compressor,valve block or any number of other things Thumbs Up

Post #557786 Wed May 30 2018 7:32pm
Themoog

Should it be a 3 month basic warranty regardless of the vehicle cost? When the ac condenser needed replacing he said that it wasnt covered so i just got it done. I would consider the suspension a more safety issue.. Ive emailed him so ill await a reply tomorrow.
I dont mind fixing things myself but when i have just shelled out a load of money on a luxury car im a bit reluctant.. 12 months down the line yes but not 3-4weeks in..
Im trying not to get wound up at the moment. Grrr. Stay calm stay calm.

Post #557787 Wed May 30 2018 7:53pm
geoffsnook

I believe every car has to have 3 months cover but i do stand to be corrected and that is definitely a safety concern as i see it so speak to trading standards before he contacts you so you know what to say i had my condenser changed by the garage that i bought mine off even though it kinda worked when i bought it Thumbs Up

Post #557790 Wed May 30 2018 8:03pm
Themoog

Ive just took it out and if i lean under the car I can faintly hear the compressor running and every circa 20 seconds a hiss like a relief valve is opening. Is that normal? It didn't do that last week.

Post #557792 Wed May 30 2018 8:07pm
Socast

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Take it back to the seller and get your money back, if you've only had it a month and he's refused to replace the condenser then you're going to have nothing but trouble dealing with them in the future. Find another vehicle from another seller, trust me a bad seller can nearly break you.. I let emotional attachment to the vehicle cloud my judgement and spent the best part of 12 months putting the car right after the seller was a nightmare to deal with (Compressor, steering rack, front lower arms, parking sensors, ride height sensor, rear prop shaft, etc., etc.).

Get your money back and go elsewhere Thumbs Up

Post #557898 Fri Jun 01 2018 9:17am
Themoog

Hmm.. Ive been onto trading standards about it.
I know a lot about cars and I do a lot of fixes myself. The RRS is a good one - I viewed several others in the same age and price and they were not as nice condition. If I knew what the fault was I would fix it. I understand that it is not a new car but I would not expect major faults within the first few weeks.
Anyway, I have had no response via the email sent yesterday. Im not in the mood to call today so Ill give it a day or so.
Trading standards say I can claim the cost of having the condenser replaced too.
The problem is, if I call and I get the vibe he is not playing ball Ill loose my rag.. Then that will get me nowhere. Maybe a second email with deadline for reply / action is the way forward..

Post #557909 Fri Jun 01 2018 11:44am
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

themoog,
I suspect it is s suspension leak, as you can hear a whissle. Try to locate it. The fix should than be easy with a LR airline repair kit. (euro 20,-) RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #557921 Fri Jun 01 2018 2:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

Do the second email with 7 days to reply and tell him you have spoken to trading standards and if no response in the 7 days with the details of when it will be fixed you will start legal proceedings Thumbs Up

Post #557927 Fri Jun 01 2018 5:04pm
Themoog

I drove it back to the dealer today. 80 mile round trip with no errors showing.. Would you believe it.
Anyway, he will give me a call in the week to get it into the garage next door to his car lot to have it checked. I sneakily went and found the owner of said garage and he said he has the correct jaguar land rover diagnostic equipment so will be able to sort it out.
Allegedly..

Post #558002 Sat Jun 02 2018 4:24pm
Themoog

Latest.. I had no call so i drafted a professional letter about it and giving a 14 day deadline.
The annoying thing is that the dash warning has not come back on for a week..
I bought a Foxwell NT 520 pro scanner and had a butchers at all the modules etc and there are no codes.
Hmm..

Post #558498 Fri Jun 08 2018 5:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1