RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Have the newer RRS got the same inherent faults as the older
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Citizen55

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Tonga Green
Have the newer RRS got the same inherent faults as the older

I have a S/C 2006. Love it and feel the engine is strongly built with no problems (touch wood).
I have spend a ton of money on various parts in the suspension tho , and I hear knocking noise and bad squeaking now and I am a bit fed up and wondering where it ends.
Am thinking of a newer model, new shape so post 2012 - but am I going to expect the same issues?
Did JLR learn their lessons on the older models ?

I hope that my maintenance and repair costs on my current can offset against the finance of the newer model but if I’m looking at the same issues then maybe it’s too risky.

Thanks 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.2 s/c with Arden bodykit

Post #557569 Mon May 28 2018 10:36am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

L494 Mk 2 post 2013 RRS is between 150 and 450kg lighter then the L320 dependent on spec as it doesn’t have the heavy Disco3 and Disco4 underpinnings and there is a lot more aluminium in the components/ body so suspension doesn’t have as much load to carry - L494 S/C issues seem to revolve around quality and electronics problems (mostly in in post 2016MY) so later than you are looking at - anything with InControl Touch Professional seems to have lots of issues with SIM card readers needed for the satnav/ in car web access and incompatibility of most Apps to work with the system otherwise the 5.0ltr S/C and the V6 3.0ltr S/C don’t have the mechanical issues that the 3.0lt V6 diesels have. 3.0ltr S/C is very very rare and was only available as an HSE Dynamic (but for some odd reason LR didn’t fit the Dynamic setting that the 3.0SDv6 Dynamics have........) production of the 3.0S/C RRS was discontinued this year, I’m not sure if the D5 version with the same engine is still in production as well. Unless you really play silly idiots in the 5.)ltr S/C you should see much low fuel consumption that the 4.2V8 too. People are reporting 25mpg+ on steady speed runs. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #557570 Mon May 28 2018 10:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1