Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Flickering lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dieseltuning.co.uk

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zambezi Silver
Flickering lights

Hi all,

Got my RRS in at the dealers today, it has a problem where every bulb on the car flickers with the engine running. LR have of course no idea whats wrong, which does not suprise me as they fitted a new heated screen last week when the fault was a bad earth! Any ideas, also, is the automatic NS mirror dip standard on the SE? i have the function on my dash to turn it on and off, but LR have told me it is only available if you have memory seats/mirros? Anyone without memory seats have this function working?

thanks
Mike

Post #77905 Thu Jan 25 2007 3:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The flickering is a new problem I don't think we've come across before. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #77908 Thu Jan 25 2007 3:57pm
pulse

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Yeah my inteiror lights flicker like mad sometimes and are perfect other and my heated rear window hasn't work since before christmas

Post #77912 Thu Jan 25 2007 4:05pm
dieseltuning.co.uk

It also seems LR have not, battery is fine, Alternator is steady +13.7v, I am of the view it must be a module fault because if you restart the car it is fine, then it creeps back in after a few minutes. I presume the lighting is controlled by a Body control unit. Just wondered if anyone else has ever had a similar problem...

Post #77914 Thu Jan 25 2007 4:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dieseltuning.co.uk

pulse wrote:
Yeah my inteiror lights flicker like mad sometimes and are perfect other and my heated rear window hasn't work since before christmas

Well all the bulbs in my car flicker, interior, dash, side lights etc. I suggest you have a look at the rear lights next time it happens.
Is your CD player and radio affected when this happens? Mine seems to be affected, sound fades and then comes back (talking quarter of a second or so) sounds like your CD is scratched (although its fine).

Post #77916 Thu Jan 25 2007 4:11pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I'll post this on Disco3 to see if theyve seen it.

This is the link

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic8910.html?highlight= 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #77917 Thu Jan 25 2007 4:11pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

The reverse mirror dip function is only available with memory seats, so your dealer information is correct.

Don't know why LR left the option on the message centre. Some lazy engineer who couldn't be bothered to write another software program I suppose. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #77927 Thu Jan 25 2007 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1