RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Mpg of PHEV when just using petrol?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If they won’t give you more than a trip round the block just let them know that both BMW and Mini are doing 48 hour test drives as standard on PHEV’s and many dealers are happy to let you have even longer, I was able to extend out to 4 days with the Mini and could have had it longer had the dealer not had somebody come in on my 3rd day with the car looking for another extended test drive so I had to give it back during day 4. That long test was enough to seal the end of my almost 26 years of buying nothing but Land Rover products............ pity that BMW haven’t been able to deliver the car when they said that they would, but JLR are pretty good at that too! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #557627 Tue May 29 2018 7:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Obviously can't answer OP but as a comparison I did 200 miles Saturday mainly motorway and because I wasn't able to plug in where I was going decided to use the charging function for first time so I could use battery for last bit of journey - trip mpg was 38 mpg Mr. Green

I've been really happy with the Mitsubishi now coming up for 2 years and with the 5 year warranty thought no point changing but they've announced a 2.5 litre engine is going in MY19 PHEV and talk of better batteries too so might be persuaded Cool

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubishi/ou...ch-upgrade Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #557648 Tue May 29 2018 10:31am
Renaco

Germany 

Salmon&permit wrote:
Thank you for responses. A conundrum. My commute and daily driving takes me through the London CC zone....but I rack up miles over the weekends and on trips to all corners of the U.K. on business and pleasure. Quite why they couldn’t have linked the whole PHEV system to the 3l petrol V6.....or even the diesel V6 is beyond me. Other than in quick acceleration blasts when the electric motors kick in, the 2l petrol engine seems way under what is required to waft the car along big A roads and motorways.....which is the whole point of the RRS. I genuinely use my current RRS hybrid as a virtual limo, family wagon, motorway munching p, fun on the A roads off-road beast. To date, I have had zero issues over 70,000 miles......but fear this new PHEV isn’t going to do any of these especially well.

I am also driving my SDV6 Hybrid since 3.5 years and I am curious how the plugin with 4 cyl Petrol is in daily use...

But I am not totally against the 4 Zyl., even if I liked more a 6 or 8 engine combined with the plugin electric.
Lets see it from LR side, the V6 Petrol is quite dated and the V8 is too big and heavy to combine it useful with the plugin tecnic.
So, the Ingenium 4 Zyl. Is the newest Petrol engine to use for now. For me still a good solution and in 3-4 Years we can order an updated plugin in the all new RRS combined with the new Ingenium straight six Petrol.

The missing first torque momentum from the engine will be always covered by the electric engine, even on higher speeds. I had a test drive and it works pretty well, even if the battery shows 0 mileage. There’s a capacity always reserved for adding torque once’s needed.

Regarding the fuel consumption, I don’t care, it’s 90 liters of petrol on board. For the ones who want to safe the planet, they can decide this by their driving style and loads of sun-electric... Wink 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #557664 Tue May 29 2018 1:55pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Just driven one - head over to the general forum for my views Smile

Post #557923 Fri Jun 01 2018 3:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12