Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Keyless entry
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

nicholden

Australia 
Keyless entry

Hi Guys,

I have a problem i was hoping you can offer some advice on. I just received a RRS 2018 (update). When I ordered it the specs weren't finilised on Land Rovers end so the dealer wasn't sure what would be standard or an option.
Anyway - long story short, i placed the order pending final specs to secure my production spot then the sales guy left and I got busy etc. It turned out that the keyless entry was an option and it wasn't included on my car which I had expressed i wanted.
The dealer is saying its my fault (essentially) and there is nothing they can now do or willing to do and it can't be retro fitted.

I am an ex dealership mechanic (Mercedes) for years ago so I can guess how this internal conversation went down at the dealership and I don't completely believe that it cant be done. It may be difficult and involve parts but i'm sure it can be done?

Hence my question here - does anyone know if this can be done via additional modules and whatever else fitted etc as I presume the wiring loom and plugs are in there already!
Pending advise here I will hammer the dealer to take some shared responsibility.

Cheers, Nick

Post #556579 Wed May 16 2018 12:12am
Farmer Chalk

I think it will be a very expensive and complicated update...the new MY18 has a totally new keyless system for which JLR will not be releasing parts for easily due to the compromise of the system....
Personally I wouldn’t worry too much....here in the UK there is a move away from keyless systems due to the huge theft problem there is with the earlier systems... people here are trying to have their systems deactivated!
If you are that bothered with it then reject the car upon arrival.... Very Happy

Post #556584 Wed May 16 2018 7:36am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

theres is a Australian member on Freel2 that is a wiz with in car electronics, only issues are his in Perth, your Sydney and he is tinkering with the Freelander2, but he has added lots of things to it that are Evoque

Might be worth a question and see if he knows if it can be done?

http://www.freel2.com/forum/member-stuartc.html

Post #556595 Wed May 16 2018 9:23am
syl

United Kingdom 

Have a read of this Jaguar thread:

http://www.jaginfo.org/showthread.php?5135...-completed RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #556609 Wed May 16 2018 11:20am
nicholden

Australia 

Thanks Guys!

Ill let you know how I get on. I have also made the enquirey with LR Australia direct.

Farmer - I already have the car and realised after delivery that the function hadn't been included.

Cheers

Post #556689 Thu May 17 2018 3:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1