RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SMART Insurance - anyone have any recommendations?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
SMART Insurance - anyone have any recommendations?

Hi all

As per the title. Obviously the hope is to never have to use it but it's a fact of life that scuffs, scratches, dinks etc. will happen, even more so with bigger vehicles in pokey supermarket car parks.

I see there are a few companies that offer this cover and most of them seem similar in price, exclusions and limits to claims but before I bite the bullet rather defer to people who may have some real-life experience of one over the other.

I did of course message JLR Smart Cover using their online form but (surprise surprise) 3 days later no response Sad

EDIT: Just realised I may have put this in the wrong section Admin so my bad, please move if need be!

Post #555669 Thu May 03 2018 11:31am
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Hi

I've used previous contacts for this type of work - find the ad hoc requirement better value than the monthly payment.

e.g decent dentman (based in Herts area), paint smart repair - I tend to flex - have found no one supplier provides a consistent service..used https://shinerepair.com/ and also chispaway...first time use great, second time use always been poorer (different franchisee, etc) - word of mouth through online forums best way... also good to glean feedback from detailingworld.co.uk

Rgds

Prashan

Post #555673 Thu May 03 2018 1:11pm
kismet110

^^^

Cheers for that and Herts suits me fine!

Yeah, might just go with that to be fair, most of the companies seem to come in at around £400 for 3 years cover (2 or 3 claims per year, £25/£50 excess) which even if you got one scuff/scratch a year would likely pay for itself.

I did have numbers for a couple of very good local guys, might see if I can find them and leave it for now.

Post #555675 Thu May 03 2018 1:27pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

The best dent man (IMHO) is Aaron from The Dentman - +44 7944 198091. Will usually give a quote based on picture sent.

Tends to charge by panel..I usually wait to collect a few and then call him..especially with other family cars.

SHINE did a great job once but disappointed with second job on wife's last Mini. Some local bodyshops also doing Smart Repairs now and at decent rates, again, best to get referrals from previous customers.

P

Post #555683 Thu May 03 2018 3:08pm
kismet110

^^^

Cheers for that, will be adding him to my mobile and hopefully never calling him Smile

Post #555685 Thu May 03 2018 3:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1