RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Leaving the fold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Rich

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Leaving the fold

After 3.5 years of enjoyable RRS ownership and Freelander and Discoveries before that I have reluctantly moved on. I'm afraid I don't feel the luxury Landrover products represent good value any more. They've gone so far upmarket I just can't justify changing my 2009 Sport for a 3 year old one for £40K plus.

I've bought a brand new Skoda Kodiaq for considerably less than £40K, that's under half the cost of a new RRS. While it hasn't got the ride quality of the RRS its got all the "bells & whistles I want (including Adaptive Cruise, Lane Assist etc.) and in my view represents fantastic value for money.

I've still got my 2012 Defender. That's a keeper but I can't see me buying any other Landrover product again.

Post #555571 Wed May 02 2018 10:50am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My sentiments regarding prices and replacing the RRS with another entirely, enjoy your Kodiak. i’ve Gone for a Maxi Countryman PHEV as a replacement for my RRS as I don’t need the huge interior of anything else. Why Maxi? It’s huge compared to the rest of the Mini Range! I’m also in same position as you in that I have my trusty and cheap to run Defender to still venture out in the wilds in even though it is miles less comfortable than the Sport. My local JLR dealer have been trying hard to entice me into a pre-reg Disco5 with 3000 miles on and lots of toys in HSE TD6 form but it’s miles bigger than I need even if it is hugely capable. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555593 Wed May 02 2018 3:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Agree completely with OP. This is my last one. Shame, but JLR are extracting the urine. Brexshit is a part of their problem but build quality, reliability and pricing are also big issues.

Post #555657 Thu May 03 2018 8:39am
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

In addition to crap customer service which borders on “treat the customer with contempt, we are doing them a favour by allowing them to purchase one of our cars”

Hence the reason I have also switched to another brand

Post #555661 Thu May 03 2018 10:01am
Rich

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just been away for a couple of weeks, including two 150ish mile trips in the Skoda Kodiaq. I really can't fault it. Great motorway cruiser. Tells me it is doing 36mpg - not bad for a new 2.0L petrol engine. I'll check mpg properly when I fill up.

No regrets moving away from JLR.

Post #556838 Fri May 18 2018 5:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1