RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Quandary.....keep or change for older higher spec?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Get an SC and enjoy it because ultimately I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people on this forum really like driving their RRS rather than thinking of it as just a commodity to get you from A to B.

I don't drive much as work is a train & tube journey but when the weekend comes and a journey is planned that sound when the SC starts up still puts a smile on my face.

As the youth are fond of saying - YOLO.

Post #555516 Tue May 01 2018 11:45am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well, i’ll Wait and see if my Countryman goes into build next week........... if not then there’s food for thought here. I’m not worried about having a “gay” Mini as in 2003 I bought a “hairdressers” FFRR and it was the guys in the LRE at Solihull who branded it as that........... and a “gay” White Evoque Coupe ......... , I suppose any are better than owning a drug dealer’s or WAG’s RRS......... Mr. Green My friendly local LR dealer threw a bit of a curve ball into the options too........ ?? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555520 Tue May 01 2018 12:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Get the SC and forget about the crank issues, although having seen these "Minis'" they are not far off the size of your 494! Shocked

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #555522 Tue May 01 2018 1:07pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Due in March? FFS they are as bad as LR. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #555523 Tue May 01 2018 1:16pm
james5599

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Well, i’ll Wait and see if my Countryman goes into build next week........... if not then there’s food for thought here. I’m not worried about having a “gay” Mini as in 2003 I bought a “hairdressers” FFRR and it was the guys in the LRE at Solihull who branded it as that........... and a “gay” White Evoque Coupe ......... , I suppose any are better than owning a drug dealer’s or WAG’s RRS......... Mr. Green My friendly local LR dealer threw a bit of a curve ball into the options too........ ??

The evoque falls under both the hairdressers and gay banner. Jackpot.

Jokes aside, get the Range Rover. You know that makes sense. 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #555529 Tue May 01 2018 3:50pm
IRBails

Australia 

There are a lot of high mileage SDV6's out there. If I had a car from new which I knew the history I'd prefer to keep I think. If it was about change for experience then this is a different set of options. If you like what you have extend the warranty. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #555550 Tue May 01 2018 11:21pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

It has worried me all along about your decision to move from the LR to a Mini especially with your history of LR products. I just seems such an extreme change.
However you have had a fair crack of the whip with the Mini on test and so ultimately you know how you will feel each morning walking out onto the drive and looking at your mode of transport. If there is any concern that you will be disappointed when you see the mini sitting there then you should stick with LR.
I haven't driven the Mini so can't comment directly on it - but you only live once and your situation is such that you are just coming to that time of life when you can enjoy the rewards for all those years bouncing across the high seas. If the Mini is part of that enjoyment then wait it out - if not then the decision is about keeping your current car or going totally bonkers with a SC. I think it has to be heart over head here - don't be too sensible Thumbs Up Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #555556 Wed May 02 2018 7:30am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

None of the other cheaper JLR products appeals to me these days, they are all so much more of the same design, they are very expensive and not particularly reliable (despite recent findings by What Car? Magazine) - I’m not abandoning LR lock stock and barrel as I am lucky enough to have a Defender that I have owned since 2001, crude as it is it has proved to be the cheapest to run and most fun Land Rover product I have owned but I think JLR has lost the plot on design and pricing. I have always lived beyond my means with regards to cars too thanks to PCP’s and leasing - I now want to buy a new car that I can afford to purchase without being in debt for the next 3-5 years as I won’t have the same income coming in but I have the savings to pay outright for with cash still in the bank afterwards. Maybe i’m Suffering the consequences now of enjoying my salary rather than stashing it away over the years........... I am enjoying the RRS while I still have it, and mightvstill be in it next year if BMW / Mini don’t fulfil their promises! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555564 Wed May 02 2018 9:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Quite understand your thinking Tim.

Perhaps its a timely occasion just to check, and maybe test drive, other options... Question Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #555565 Wed May 02 2018 9:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12