RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Current order - MY19?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Re: Here are the MY19 changes folks

RRSman wrote:
Ok folks here are the MY19 changes - don't ask me where I got this from but believe me it's 100% right Wink

Advanced Driver Assistance Systems - Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist - driver has to keep hands on wheel for this to work - moderate pressure is applied to bring the wheel back in to lane when using cruise control. If no lines are present the car will follow the course of the car in front.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go - An upgrade over the now available queue assist - In traffic the car will automatically resume following the car in front if it stops for less than 3 seconds

Lane Merge Assist - Makes changing lanes safer by providing an appropriate change in speed when moving lanes - when the driver indicates the traffic condition in the lane is calculated and provides a change in speed so that the car maintains the correct distance with the car in front.

Data Sim Car will now be supplied with a Data Sim and will be fitted at handover. 500mb a month included. E call subscription is extended to 10 years from 3 years.

And that my friends is it - the MY19 comes with prices increases too. Frankly and in all honesty I am actually scared about the new driver assistance features and not sure if JLR can pull this off when they can't even get heated seats and Nav screen to work Rolling with laughter

Cheers for the information bro, to be honest not a single one of the "Driver Assist" features added to already decent functionality appeal to me so nothing lost there.

I get that they are safety-focused features and may (if they work well) reduce accidents over time so can't be too harsh on them.

And whilst the SIM being supplied is a nice touch (should've been the case from day one) you can get a 24GB/24Month one for under £45 delivered so hardly offsets the impending price increase Smile

Post #557469 Sat May 26 2018 12:26pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

^^
I am with you 100% - I had an option to cancel my MY18 order as they can't get enough of these at the moment so the dealer was more than happy if I wanted to move and wait for an MY19 car however none of these changes excite me and if anything there will be more teething issues with these new systems so it was the MY18 for me.

If there was visual updates or an upgraded engine to what I was buying I would have deffo waited for an MY19...I picked up a £30 sim too - job done Thumbs Up

Post #557517 Sun May 27 2018 9:28am
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Afraid I am on the other side of the fence, I would love the car tomorrow but technology is one of the reasons I like the Range Rover, yes they might not get it right but I almost prefer having the cutting edge stuff than waiting for it like you have to do with the German brands.

I don't think I would use the steering assist very often but on a long motorway journey would be nice to have the option, for me there are two types of some I can enjoy where I want to drive the car and others where cruise control etc is appreciated.

One thing I have noticed on the build sheet is the MY19 seams to be getting the new revision of the gear box, the ZF 8HP76 rather than the 8H70. Now if that is a good or a bad thing remains to be seen!

Just want the configurator to go live so I can check my spec and get everything sorted!

Post #557525 Sun May 27 2018 11:42am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I’ve been told the new gearbox is for the SDV8 only...

Last edited by RRSman on Sun May 27 2018 3:16pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #557530 Sun May 27 2018 2:40pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Mine is an SDV8 so that would make sense. Based on the info on the ZF site it can handle more torque (750 vs 700) hopefully the change in gearbox isn’t why the SDV8 is showing a slower 0-60 on the international configurator.

Post #557531 Sun May 27 2018 2:51pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Configurator Live - many will be upset - mega price rises! MY18 car spec'd to MY19 - nothing added to my MY18 spec but nearly £4000 price rise Shocked

Post #557744 Wed May 30 2018 1:21pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Looks like no Sd4 either. 2k price increase on a standard sdv6 HSE dynamic. As much as I would like to upgrade I would be crazy to part with my current car. SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #557745 Wed May 30 2018 1:29pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I think the real winners are the MY18 owners or those with confirmed orders! Not saying this as I have one but genuinely feel JLR have taken the P with the new pricing!

Post #557746 Wed May 30 2018 1:31pm
wilf

Just specced up a car to the same spec as my old MY16 one - over £8k more. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #557748 Wed May 30 2018 1:35pm

United Kingdom 

We had built a MY18 two months ago, just done a MY19 to same spec and its has gone up by £1645.00.

Just spoken to the dealer and he seems to think most of the increase is down to new tax bands, if he sticks to the px price on our MY16 and the service pack is included we will probably go ahead for September/October.

We can get a higher spec Velar for about £7k less but will wait until we have had an extended demo next week. The Velar just can't match the driving position and sense of space of the RRS. Other option is a F Pace SVR - will wait until we have driven one, may be a bit too manic but would love another V8 before such things are banned! 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #557751 Wed May 30 2018 2:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
aibo2003

United Kingdom 

My first post here on this forum. This board has been very informative. I placed an order two weeks ago and have asked the dealer if the changes will affect my order. I have not been given an allocation slot yet. Interesting to see what he will say. I have always had a BMW so this will be a first for me, moving to another brand. Maybe just bad timing and bad luck for me i.e. the price increases and 4 month wait for a new car!

Post #557752 Wed May 30 2018 3:03pm
jd2uk

United Kingdom 

Either there's a bug or the 22" gloss back alloys are now a FOC option Laughing

Post #557758 Wed May 30 2018 3:44pm

United Kingdom 

Not completely free, click the 22" wheel option and it adds £1380 worth of unwanted black plastic trim pieces! 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #557761 Wed May 30 2018 3:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

aibo2003 wrote:
My first post here on this forum. This board has been very informative. I placed an order two weeks ago and have asked the dealer if the changes will affect my order. I have not been given an allocation slot yet. Interesting to see what he will say. I have always had a BMW so this will be a first for me, moving to another brand. Maybe just bad timing and bad luck for me i.e. the price increases and 4 month wait for a new car!

Almost certainly you will have to take the new spec and price. Probably best to get it re-specced how you want it asap, as the option packs usually change configuration for each model year. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #557784 Wed May 30 2018 6:41pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Steering assist requires you by law to take hold of the steering wheel every minute which is such a pain it renders the feature pretty pointless. Although there is a point to making sure you are safe of course!

I can’t see where it says Apple CarPlay is included. Think someone’s jumping the gun there.

Post #557797 Wed May 30 2018 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>