Home > General (L494) > 2nd service done and Nothing to report
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

riverblanche

United Kingdom 
2nd service done and Nothing to report

Hi,
well on a Happy note Very Happy

we had our car in to Duckworths market rasen for its second (32K) service last week, made a phone call about 3 weeks before and booked it in, asked for a D5 as a loan car if they had one as wanted to try it out Question

Yes no problem will make sure its ready for you

turned up and reception waiting for us, cup of coffee and booked in, will bring the D5 sorry "new discovery" around for you, explained the controls although very much RRS feel to it all, if you can bring it back with the same amount of fuel please, and off we went.

Dropped it back off that evening, our car done, health check done nothing to report all good, hard copy of the service completed, nothing to pay its on a Service Plan Mr. Green had asked if we wanted the car washing (they hand and jet wash) and cleaned inside
Did we like the D5 done it again "New Discovery" ? yes but not ready for a change yet, it feels bigger and we still like ours
Bottle of water and tin of mints and off we go home again.

Everything as expected, polite and friendly service

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #555255 Sat Apr 28 2018 5:14pm
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

^^^

You are that rare and lucky breed!

Joking aside great to know you had good service, the way it should be Thumbs Up

Post #555293 Sat Apr 28 2018 10:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Only additional on my car’s third service this week was a new tyre that I asked them to supply and fit ( the replaced one had only done 21,000 miles and had a slash in it that I was worried might be an MOT failure) otherwise 3rd service and MOT were eventless too. Garage wanted to overhaul the brakes for £850 extra but as the car has only covered 20 miles since mid-January as I have been working overseas I said I would take it for a good drive around town and that should get them all freed off........ seems to have worked as on the way home I had white van man pull out of a side road onto a main road without even slowing down as I bowling along at 60 and he came out about 100m in front of me the brakes and ABS worked faultlessly! £850 saved 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555305 Sun Apr 29 2018 8:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Quote:
... on the way home I had white van man pull out of a side road onto a main road without even slowing down as I bowling along at 60 and he came out about 100m in front of me the brakes and ABS worked faultlessly! £850 saved...

Maybe it was someone from the dealership p*ss*d off at you turning down their kind offer of forking out loads of money needlessly and trying to prove to you (the hard way) the brakes did need looking at ... Wink

Post #556203 Fri May 11 2018 1:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1