RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Ordering problems?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

So maybe there’s a bit of truth in what they’re saying. Still, I told them I wasn’t going ahead as when I’m spending that amount on a car I want it specced the way I want. I guess it’ll now come down to whether or not a car ordered now would be able to be registered before end of August i.e. what the order lead times are. I’d have thought 4 months would give them time to build one (not an SVR sadly!!🙁), especially if order volumes are down

Post #555029 Wed Apr 25 2018 2:00pm
RAW

I was told last week that if i had ordered one that day it would be September October delivery MY18 RRS Autobiography Fuji White
MY15 D4 Commercial Indus Silver

Post #555032 Wed Apr 25 2018 2:44pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I might have considered a hybrid Velar, but as you know I like to use my Land Rovers properly and not as a school bus/ supermarket van, but off-road, and the lack of a low ratio gearbox and full on Terrain Response means it wouldn’t fulfill my requirements of a Land Rover vehicle

The Velar doesn't have low range but it does have TR/TR2 (albeit without rock crawl mode). It also comes (or can be specced to have) ATPC. ATPC (All Terrain Progress Control) is another of LR's spooky systems that just seems to work. It's like cruise control off road. Set a speed, keep both feet off the pedals and just steer. I'm not sure how it fares once the going gets properly lumpy, however.

Whilst I'm sure it won't go as far as it would have done with low range, I bet it'll go further than most people (including even you?) would want to take a £70k SUV. With air suspension and TR2 coupled to ATPC, I bet it'll go surprisingly far off road.

I agree that it's not "proper" without low range though. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #555044 Wed Apr 25 2018 6:56pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Tim, What garage were you in checking out these deals, I may be interested in what they have available Very Happy

Post #555047 Wed Apr 25 2018 7:07pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

So, as an update to this, I’ve just been told the following by a major leasing company:

We are currently unable to quote on the 3.0 HSE as the order banks with Land Rover are now closed until the 19 model year is in production. We are unable to quote on the 19 model year as the pricing has not yet been released and the vehicles are not yet on our quoting systems. There is a lot of changes taking place within Land Rover and most other brands at the moment. This is due to the governments new CO2 testing regulations, most manufacturers have just stopped all production until the new regulations are released as they are unsure on whether the vehicles are going to comply with the new rulings.”

Having spoken to the leasing company this morning they said LR have basically stopped production until MY2019 starts production, which could be many months away. They’re also having to tell customers who had already placed orders that their cars won’t be built Apparently none of the dealers or finance companies can even quote on existing stock cars as the pricing details have all been removed from their systems. In short, no new orders for the time being and unless you can pay cash, you’ll probably struggle even to get hold of an existing vehicle.

What a mess....and ****ing annoying!!

Post #557151 Tue May 22 2018 12:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

This is great for used car prices if you are trying to sell, but also means zero discounts if you are looking to buy a new car that the dealership might already have in their stock............

I’m just off to visit my local Mini dealership to see if my new car actually got built on Sunday like it was supposed to have been........

Lindab - Pentland Stirling (used to be called Morrison’s Land Rover)

RRSTDv8 - for the sort of off-roading I’m reduced to now no low range isn’t a problem - I know how good the Evoques were off road without low range as the 9 speed auto’s first gear was not normally used on-road as it was a crawler ultra low 1st, the car usually pulled away in 2nd or 3rd gear depending on the conditions and I took both my 6 speed and 9 speed auto Evoques off on green lanes without incident. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #557152 Tue May 22 2018 12:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Right, back from town and trying to find out more about HaggisMan’s post.................. Basically if you have a car already ordered then it will be built right up to mid July so it can be registered before July 31st. The issue is CO2 emissions and Brussels/London not having actually committed to an acceptable limit yet so all the makers regardless of marque are in the same boat - they are not accepting new orders that there is no hope of fulfilling in time to register the car before 31 July. This info has come to me from my local Mini / BMW outlet where I have just been to find out if my order was actually built on May 20th and it was, there is now a Countryman PHEV to my ordered spec going through final finishing and QC somewhere in south Holland before it gets onto a train to Ghent then onto a ferry to the UK and finally a car transporter to Scotland where it is expected to be delivered at the end of the 2nd week of June, but it may be the 3rd week of June! One thing - I can see that there will be a lot of basic spec, low miles pre-reg cars coming on the market in June and July when makers and dealers will want to clear out their compounds of old stock that they will not be able to sell after 1st sept because those vehicles will not meet the new CO2 emissions rules. Might be a good time to go and screw your friendly dealership into the ground on discounts of late plate pre-registered cars that don’t have too many options boxes ticked........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #557154 Tue May 22 2018 2:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hafman

United Kingdom 

Almost certainly due to the change from NEDC to WLTP; we have just cancelled an order for a new VW T-Roc (don't ask, it was for my wife); we placed the order on 1st March and were given a pessimistic delivery date of end May; this then turned in to "late July, possibly Sept, but more than likely well past that".

VW seem to have been caught with their pants down with this issue. Rolling Eyes

Bought a nearly new MINI 3 door instead - 3 days from seeing it to driving away in it, and much cheaper too Cool

Post #557159 Tue May 22 2018 4:01pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim in Scotland. It sounds like a pretty shambolic state of affairs all caused by EU emissions changes and classic inability of governments to understand business needs. It’s going to impact all manufacturers and the wider economy as car sales dry up which is the last thing we need.

The lease co I’ve been talking to had also quoted me on a couple of cars that their associated dealer network had on stock order but it seems these have been cancelled too as “order confirmed” isn’t the same as “being built”. Maybe that’s because they’re not customer orders, but who knows.

Luckily I don’t have to change my car right now (like I might if I was on a lease that was due to end) so perhaps keeping my eyes peeled for cars that need to be registered before 1 August is a good move. There could well be a glut since if they’re not registered by then, what happens to them....? Would still have preferred to order my own exact spec though!

Post #557162 Tue May 22 2018 4:28pm
Tim in Scotland

I have a nice carefully looked after 2015.5MY HSE Dynamic in Corris with ebony and nimbus interior, 22000 miles about to be part exchanged for the Mini if you are interested Whistle It’s the one in my avatar photo and gallery. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #557163 Tue May 22 2018 4:33pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Hardly surprising with JLR MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Last edited by bluestone on Fri May 25 2018 1:41am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #557188 Tue May 22 2018 9:00pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Why would they pre-reg cars in June/July when they can still sell them unregistered? If they remain unsold on the 31st August, that's when they will pre-reg them. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #557189 Tue May 22 2018 9:06pm
Tim in Scotland

Because they don’t want to have a single car that will have to be crushed after 1st September as it will be illegal to sell it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #557202 Wed May 23 2018 5:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12