Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Using Echo Dot as in car entertainment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sbrrsport2018

England 
Using Echo Dot as in car entertainment

PROBLEM SOLVED

Since posting this earlier today, my RRS has decided to 'play cricket' and recognise my echo dot via bluetooth which it wasn't earlier... slightly concerning how flaky this seems to be but I don't care as the Dot is working perfectly now with slick voice control and my Amazon music subscription is now on tap in the car. Sweet!

-----

Hi has anyone successfully integrated an Amazon Echo Dot with the 2018 RR Sport infotainment system?

I am trying to connect my RR SPORT (2018) to an echo dot in the car... I can connect to wifi via an in-car data sim no problem and I can connect the dot to the car's bluetooth no problem... but then in media settings, the car does not recognise the dot as a media source (see attached photos).... it recognises my iPhone no problem.

I was wondering if anyone had solved this? (there is no 3.5mm aux in on the RRS so I don't know how to manually get the audio signal from the echo dot into the infotainment system other than via bluetooth which doesn't want to work)

Any help from an in-car ICE expert would be much appreciated.... it would be awesome to have Alexa in the car as I have an Amazon music subscription and do not really want to pay for Spotify (also the RRS voice recognition is crap)

Thanks

[Echo Dot not recognised as a selectable media source][/u]

Post #554699 Sat Apr 21 2018 11:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1