2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #554041 Fri Apr 13 2018 5:35pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Are we sure it's not down to poor quality and poor after sales a lot of customers have and are experiencing?
It had to happen sooner or later with the number of unsatisfied customers just on here which is a very small minority. But add all those customers together and it soon adds up to a few million pounds worth of sales.

Post #554047 Fri Apr 13 2018 6:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Well they do seem to be blaming everything else apart from themselves Thumbs Up

Post #554050 Fri Apr 13 2018 6:23pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

And Reuters said JLR are well behind BMW with electric. Pull your finger out JLR because we want you to do well. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #554053 Fri Apr 13 2018 6:59pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

If JLR cant export well in the current (brexit induced) economic climate, they are in trouble. Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #554058 Fri Apr 13 2018 7:23pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ady 555 wrote:
Are we sure it's not down to poor quality and poor after sales a lot of customers have and are experiencing?
It had to happen sooner or later with the number of unsatisfied customers just on here which is a very small minority. But add all those customers together and it soon adds up to a few million pounds worth of sales.

Their is also jo public who comes on here for a nosey & see’s the problem some are having then don’t purchase a JLR product.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #554060 Fri Apr 13 2018 7:30pm
nigel52

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ady 555 wrote:

I know more and more people who have given up on RR due to aweful customer service and reliability issues. All with no exception said they thought the RR was a lovely car but fell out of love with the marque. Current Merc GLE 3.5d 2016 model, 2011 RRS HSE standard
Previous 2012 FL2 liked but boot too small
Previous to LR's 3 x Merc E320 estates - fantastic load carriers and long distance cruisers, ultra reliable. Only changed as needed a 4x4 high tow vehicle. Did have a 1955 early LR drop down windscreen and fuel tank under the drivers seat; again very reliable and super rugged.

Post #554096 Fri Apr 13 2018 10:03pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It was always going to happen eventually, in my eyes they can blame brexit and diesel all they want but they have quality issues, over price their products and have little to no customer service or care once they have your money. Maybe people are just starting to get wise to it. Shame the job losses have to come at the bottom and not via the management at the top with their head up their own arses! Whistle 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #554101 Fri Apr 13 2018 10:20pm
nigel52

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Such a shame as they can be great and something one wants to be proud of to own. No question RRS makes a statement and is loved all round the world. Current Merc GLE 3.5d 2016 model, 2011 RRS HSE standard
Previous 2012 FL2 liked but boot too small
Previous to LR's 3 x Merc E320 estates - fantastic load carriers and long distance cruisers, ultra reliable. Only changed as needed a 4x4 high tow vehicle. Did have a 1955 early LR drop down windscreen and fuel tank under the drivers seat; again very reliable and super rugged.

Post #554118 Sat Apr 14 2018 8:00am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Surely a factor is their pricing structure and a reduction in spec ? Compare and contrast the price new of my 2012 MY SDV6 HSE with a current new version ? You have to pay 4k plus extra to go to HSE Dynamic now to get what you used to get on an HSE in the main on top of a hike in price generally.

Diesel is clearly also a big issue.

Brexit being cited is really going to upset the Brexshitters no end, might take the shine off their evangelical zeal. Rumours emerging Nissan are considering their long term future.

Post #554123 Sat Apr 14 2018 8:50am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I'm amazed it hasn't happened sooner based on my own experience and others posting on LR forums for a some years now Shocked

I think it's sad news for the UK car industry and blame Tata - remember the Tata Safari and the reputation of Indian engineering and it all adds up Confused

I expressed my concerns when Tata bought LR back in 08 on freel2 but I hoped I was wrong Embarassed

In 2010 many of you know I started my LR woes after 10 great years and it took me another 6 years to accept I was done Banging Head

My heart wants an F Type or a Full Fat RR but the price and pain of ownership means the head says no way Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #554131 Sat Apr 14 2018 9:31am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I tend to agree, sadly this will be my last one. But for all the hassles it is a beautiful car to drive. Nothing better for my twice a month Edinburgh to West Mids runs. I think the old shape RRS is perhaps the last of the "real" RR cars with a design theme and appearance right back to the first FFRR.

Post #554135 Sat Apr 14 2018 10:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is an amount of governmental blame to attach to this as well (I also totally agree with the points about quality falling through the floor, lack of management interest in customers issues, lack of corporate interest in long term customers etc) but the about face on Diesel engines and condemning ALL diesels as major polluters even the very latest low emissions versions of the Euro6 standard was OTT and has caused added aggravation to a bad situation. The inability of JLR to get both the IPace and RRS PHEV into service even 18 months after sales were announced is pretty grim too - there are numerous instances of th this within JLR - raise a storm of interest in a new product before it is anywhere near production but claim it will come in 3-6 months, take many, many “expressions of interest” deposits and then stall the developement isn’t on, only Tesla seems to be able to get away with that with the Tesla 3........... the Defender replacement is another case needing investigation - JLR is just starting to realise that what Jerry Macgovern likes in design isn’t what the customer wants, time to shift him on I think. I bout my first Land Rover in 1995 - a Disco1 V8 ESi and have owned nothing but LR products since with only one car outbof the 11 that gave any serious problems (a 2014MY Evoque). Mycurrent Sport is a wonderful car and easily the best one I have owned but I am getting out of it because of the lack of honesty/ guarantee regarding replacement of the engine should the worst happens - I m not prepared to go through the agro of fighting a case against JLR management. I have also now put off several friends who were looking to buy both new and used RRS and D4’s and D5’s with the same engine. It isn’t good for JLR when new to brand are it off by what they read and hear about engine failures. I’m on the countdown to taking delivery of my first non JLR new car since 1996 purely because of the poor service by JLR dealerships and management (the ever upward spiral of prices for 2nd rate quality cars doesn’t help either). 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #554153 Sat Apr 14 2018 1:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

They thought they

a) could just keep jacking up the cost.
b) could get away with poor assembly
c) put their eggs in one basket and focussed on diesel power,
d) could be complacent about their dealers' arrogance.
e) screwed their suppliers

JLR has just became too arrogant and believed their own marketing and only listened to the 'yes' men and their accountants

Post #554175 Sat Apr 14 2018 5:51pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Exactly @drdeirrs

Time for LR to look at the mirror and see the real image rather than looking through the mirror Russian style & seeing what you want to see.
In a world where not many take responsibility for their own actions, & want to create diversions for their own failings, LR now seem to be high on the list!
Honest guv, it’s everybody else that’s at fault not us Laughing

Post #554188 Sat Apr 14 2018 6:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>