RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Anyone used GVE in Uxbridge?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Anyone used GVE in Uxbridge?

Hi all

The above I came across as one of the accredited Gtechniq detailers and was wandering if anyone has used them?

Website looks great and Uxbridge is very close to me so so far so good. I collect the car (all being well) next weekend and have asked the dealership to not let anyone near it with a bucket and sponge but still fear the worst.

Not looking to go crazy, maybe something like ceramic coating to preserve and protect it from the off.

Cheers in advance!

Post #555676 Thu May 03 2018 1:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A dealership use a bucket and sponge............ more like a hot jet wash and dry it with an old rag as it is way quicker and they have only a couple of hours allowed by JLR to PDI and prep a new car........
My car was treated to dealership Autoglym Lifeshine but after 2.5 yers it wasn’t looking great so I took it to the local detailers and had G Techniq Crystal Serum applied and the difference was that the carvlooked better than when it was delivered and they did a load of paint corrections too. I was so impressed that the new car will be taken off the transporter, PDI’d but receive no other prep and then taken round the corner to the same detailers who will prep the car and coat it as it arrived from the factory. The dealership is used to this - the head polisher at the detailers is the dealership’s former preparer of new cars who left because he felt that the dealership wasn’t giving him long enough to prep new cars to the standard he wanted them to be, also his wife is the General Manager of the BMW Mini dealership.... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Thu May 03 2018 2:50pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #555679 Thu May 03 2018 2:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lindab

United Kingdom 

And the old rag is the same one previously used on Farmer Smiths vehicle which had just come off the fields covered in Censored

Post #555680 Thu May 03 2018 2:45pm
kismet110

Tim in Scotland wrote:
A dealership use a bucket and sponge............ more like a hot jet wash and dry it with an old rag as it is way quicker and they have only a couple of hours allowed by JLR to PDI and prep a new car........
My car was treated to dealership Autoglym Lifeshine but after 2.5 yers it wasn’t looking great so I took it to the local detailers and had G Techniq Crystal Serum applied and the difference was that the carvlooked better than when it was delivered and they did a load of paint corrections too. I was so impressed that the new car will be taken off the transporter, PDI’d but receive no other prep and then taken round the corner to the same detailers who will prep the car and coat it as it arrived from the factory. The dealership is used to this - the head polisher at the detailers is the dealership’s former preparer of new cars who left because he felt that the dealership wasn’t giving him long enough to prep new cars to the standard he wanted them to be, also his wife is the General Manager of the BMW Mini dealership....

Ha, maybe I was being too kind when I suggested they would use a bucket and sponge!

Have emailed them twice asking politely to not let anyone loose on it but no response, maybe they've taken offence?

Either way it's going to be someone from GVE (talked to a lady their earlier) to get at it before I collect it or me taking it to them just afterwards.

Hard to believe in this day and age the people who represent and sell such expensive vehicles don't comprehend the importance of preserving the paintwork.

EDIT: Friendly lady at the dealership just confirmed the car will be left unmolested pre-collection Smile

Post #555686 Thu May 03 2018 3:21pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

When my car was delivered, I told them to leave all shipping protection on. My detailer picked it up like this & took it to his unit for Gtechniq ceramic coating, wheels off coating, interior & glass coating. Even the dealership was impressed when he returned it.

Post #555697 Thu May 03 2018 5:58pm
kismet110

^^^

Not sure I can get that arranged as Stratford City as too far from Uxbridge so next best thing is for them to not mess with it and I take it to these people for some work.

Post #555713 Thu May 03 2018 8:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1