Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Aluminium Pedal Covers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Evo5man

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey
Aluminium Pedal Covers

Hi there,

Some time ago I purchased a set of genuine Range Rover Sport aluminium pedal covers but only just got round to fitting them today. I guess it is a matter of personal preference but I am pleased with the result.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

A couple of fitting tips:
You will need to drill two 5mm holes in the brake pedal and the throttle pedal to receive the pedal cover fixings. The holes required in the throttle pedal are very close to the pedal arm so be careful to make sure that you have the holes correctly marked before drilling.
The holes required in the brake pedal are very difficult to drill, I think that the pedal is made from a high tensile steel. Even with a new HSS drill bit set it took me a long time and I eventually managed by drilling a 2mm hole and enlarging it in stages with 3mm, 4mm and finally 5mm drill bits. Don't over-tighten the fixing nuts as it will distort the aluminium pedal covers Thumbs Up

Post #553426 Sat Apr 07 2018 6:22pm
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Shame they aren't a more straightforward fit but must admit well worth the effort as look really good Thumbs Up

Post #553428 Sat Apr 07 2018 6:26pm
dobbo9

Re: Aluminium Pedal Covers

Evo5man wrote:
Hi there,

Some time ago I purchased a set of genuine Range Rover Sport aluminium pedal covers but only just got round to fitting them today. I guess it is a matter of personal preference but I am pleased with the result.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

A couple of fitting tips:
You will need to drill two 5mm holes in the brake pedal and the throttle pedal to receive the pedal cover fixings. The holes required in the throttle pedal are very close to the pedal arm so be careful to make sure that you have the holes correctly marked before drilling.
The holes required in the brake pedal are very difficult to drill, I think that the pedal is made from a high tensile steel. Even with a new HSS drill bit set it took me a long time and I eventually managed by drilling a 2mm hole and enlarging it in stages with 3mm, 4mm and finally 5mm drill bits. Don't over-tighten the fixing nuts as it will distort the aluminium pedal covers Thumbs Up

Nice. I like them. Do you have any detials for these that you'd care to share? Price and link? Might have to get some of those for our RRS.

Post #553430 Sat Apr 07 2018 6:30pm
Evo5man

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Hi dobbo9,

Thanks for your comments, yes I am very pleased with them, even if they are not an easy fit!

They are very expensive to buy from Land Rover but they do come up on eBay from time to time. From memory I paid about £50 for mine. There are some aftermarket ones around which are cheaper, but I always try to fit genuine Land Rover parts as a matter of principle.

Good luck with finding some Thumbs Up

Post #553432 Sat Apr 07 2018 6:40pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

On later facelift cars L/R decided to change the design of the actual throttle pedal, which is why the throttle pedal cover is a pain to fit, as I discovered when I fitted a set to mine a while back. I ended up using a pedal cover from a different L/R kit which did not need the pedal drilling and cover bolting on although I had to take a dremel to the pedal instead, so it was which is the lesser of two evils. Laughing They fit earlier cars no problem as I had one on my old 09 plate car, the kit's get advertised as fitting 05-13 cars which isn't strictly correct.

Have to admit they do look good when fitted though. Thumbs Up

Cheers
Col

Post #553446 Sat Apr 07 2018 10:23pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

They would have been much cheaper from Powerfull.co.uk Sad

Like you said, the brake pedal killed 2 of my bits and you need to drill at a slight angle which was awkward but worth it in the end. Looks good mate Thumbs Up

These are the ones I went for...

Steve.

Post #553494 Sun Apr 08 2018 12:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1