RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2016 RR Sport HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Bentleyboy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

"As well as the SDv6 3.0ltr HSE/ HSE Dynamic if you really really hunt around you might find an early V6 Petrol Supercharged but they are almost as rare as hens teeth. In 2017 MY there is also an Sd4 2.olitre diesel that you might be interested in but again they were not popular so might prove difficult to find although dealerships put a few on a s demo cars they generally weren’t a hit with customers so you might find a cheap newer SD4 in listings."

The SD4 does get a poor press on this site. I suspect by people who haven't driven one let alone owned one. Having bought one you'd expect me to disagree. When I bought the run-off model earlier this year they were offering £1500 finance contribution for the SDv6 but nothing in the SD4- they didn't need to to encourage sales. Also noticed that the GFV for the 3.00 diesel works out at 62.5% whereas the SD4 is 66%. Somebody else clearly thinks the SD4 is desirable now and expected to be into the future.
I've now been running the car for three months and I'm very happy with it, been a good buy. I would encourage anyone to think very carefully about dismissing it without a decent test drive. 2017my RRS 2.0 SD4 HSE, Firenze red, black and panaroof

Post #553572 Sun Apr 08 2018 8:19pm
Am89

United Kingdom 

Most likely going ahead with the RRS, few things I’m not sure about..

Cars on a 5 year service plan, it’s a 66” purchased in 2017 new from LR ( must have been pre reg ). Does this usually mean all services are paid till 2021 ?

How expensive is it to run an RR - road tax, tyres, general consumables? Car has front Brembo calipers, are these better performance than the non painted RR brakes or are they the same but some are painted and other aren’t?

Car has ivory leather and it’s showing some light signs of colour transfer from what looks like denims, is this easily removable?

Are the 2016/17” RRS’s with a good spec and low mileage set to take a hit on prices with the new facelift version?

Post #553593 Mon Apr 09 2018 3:20am
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Quote:
Most likely going ahead with the RRS, few things I’m not sure about..

Cars on a 5 year service plan, it’s a 66” purchased in 2017 new from LR ( must have been pre reg ). Does this usually mean all services are paid till 2021 ?

How expensive is it to run an RR - road tax, tyres, general consumables? Car has front Brembo calipers, are these better performance than the non painted RR brakes or are they the same but some are painted and other aren’t?

Car has ivory leather and it’s showing some light signs of colour transfer from what looks like denims, is this easily removable?

Are the 2016/17” RRS’s with a good spec and low mileage set to take a hit on prices with the new facelift version?

The service plan would be five years from date of registration so it's that period or 50K miles, whichever is the sooner.

Expensive is a relative term so not easy to quantify but if you get a decent one and look after it then, aside from the known reliability issues that JLR suffer from, it shouldn't too bad; for petrol variant the road tax is £535 per annum, tyres are around £200/250 per corner and other consumables (brake pads, battery etc) I've found to be reasonably priced.

Mine has ivory leather too, I've used a quality leather cleaner in the past and it's worked a treat.

All vehicles take a bit of a hit after a facelift, some more than others. The mid-term changes are not drastic so you'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad but can't say for sure!

Post #553600 Mon Apr 09 2018 9:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12