RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY16 SDV8 handover issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ozzievechi

England 
MY16 SDV8 handover issue

saw a SDV8 I liked and put £1,000 down two weeks ago, confirmed pick up a week later
called the morning before I went down there and he said all was good to get...no issues

Got there and gave my part ex in, paid the rest of my cash deposit £3,800..then they said

1) they could only find 1 key, were looking for it and will send it out
2) they couldn't delete the previous owner from incontrol remote and add me
3) there were some small scratches on the front bumper that he said he would sort...they were not sorted

I said I don't want the car without a key or a tracker...as it was getting on to 6pm they gave me a Disco Sport and said we will let you know when sorted...3 days later and still cant fix it

What should I be pushing for? he said he would stick a full tank of fuel in there...which I said he should be doing regardless.... not sure where I stand and im a reasonable person but I think this takes the p!ss....

Inchcape Guildford (previously Hunters) which is a 67mile 90 min drive for me each way....

Post #552419 Tue Mar 27 2018 6:05pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Look for another? Monies back? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #552422 Tue Mar 27 2018 6:26pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

I agree money back if not all sorted ASAP, I would want an inconvenience payment or freebies to make up for the hassle, loads more out there, I think the previous owner must still have the in control in their name, I forgot to cancel mine on my first RRS which I sold to a trader, didn’t get my new RRS for 4 weeks so only thought about it then, very simple to delete the car from the account which your dealer should have ensured was done before handover to you. My dealer even set my new car in control secure up for me before handover so the tracker was working straight from the off the way it should be!

I wouldn’t take it if I was you unless you are 100% happy as you’ll be the one who will have to do all the chasing and paying plenty for the privilege!

Post #552431 Tue Mar 27 2018 7:29pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If they have failed to complete what seem like simple promises/tasks to have your car ready and they have had a week to do it, then this rings alarm bells. What else is there on the car they haven't checked and are in need of work, plus if you do have problems after you have had the car it doesn't bode well for them putting things right.

Walk away while you can, I have no doubt that you have paid a forecourt price for peace of mind and you certainly don't seem to be getting that from them, nor will you. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #552466 Tue Mar 27 2018 10:35pm
ozzievechi

England 

they had to a hardware update and now I can see the car....

now turns out they only ever had 1 key and now need to get a new one in and KVM module coded.

as good will they have said they will give me a full tank... ive asked for...

"If we have to wait till Tuesday (prob most likely) then it will be over a week late so I defo want:

o some toys for the kids, (2x die cast RRS that are the same as the car we are buying)
o rubber mats/bootliner and
o bump up to incontrol remote premium

lets see if they play ball....still thrashing the disco sport they gave us... very uncomfortable seats and makes the passenger sea sick....

Post #552627 Thu Mar 29 2018 5:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1