Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS2 2014 longevity
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Driveline

United Kingdom 
RRS2 2014 longevity

Good Evening
I have a 2014 RRS2 TDV6 Autobiography. It has been transferred to me from a business car.. ..sold out my share of the business.. ..& is now a personal car which I still use for my new business.
The RRS2 is so good I do not want a better car, you would be feeding a pig strawberries-it does everything I want in fabulous comfort, structural integrity & wading capacity-a serious issue where I live in the Lakes. The machine has 80K on the clock, running at 25K per annum & still under LR extended warranty.
The problem is the mileage. The devaluation from cost price to current value is obviously epic.. ..yet it runs perfectly. I would like to think that I could continue driving this car until 150K , running as far I can until LR say they will not extend the warranty & then limited third party thereafter. When I was younger 150K was nothing for a diesel engine.. ..but it wasn't common rail or as highly induction pressure charged in those days which obviously now more highly stresses the block, head & crank etc. But are they now built to address this increased stress?
My question is a financial one-what are the collective opinions & experiences of running an RRS2 at high mileages? will they last, if not what are the potential failures.. ..diff, engine, gearbox, electrics etc?
My driving is mixed 30% cross country & 70% motorway.. ..where incidentally when during the latter the engine is absolutely cruising and returning indicated over 40 mpg. I am not racing, WOT on British motorways.. ..just keeping up in the outside lane, plus a bit when necessary but backing back thereafter. I am sure you get the picture.

If anyone on the forum here is able to provide advice/experience about the RRS2's ability to tolerate high miles I would very much appreciate your contribution.

Best Regards

Mike [/i]

Post #551951 Tue Mar 20 2018 11:11pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

To me looks like you have a good ,manufacturer fault free one as most seem to snap there crankshaft way before that mileage. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #551965 Wed Mar 21 2018 10:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1