RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > My first and probably last Range Rover.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

BKHK

Australia 

I bought new on December 1st, now coming up to 3000 miles. One software update in week 1 fixed an AEB warning. Having had X5, X6 and 3xL320s I am often making comparisons. I am waiting to find something I am not happy with but with the exception of a bigger turning circle than the L320, it does everything better.

I use it in town, out in the country, towing and launching a boat and a jet ski. I find it very stable.

My elderly parents are visiting from Blighty, the old man has a newish X5, they are both very impressed with the SC in terms of cabin ambience and comfort. Even Mrs BKHK likes it.

So far so good.

Post #551551 Fri Mar 16 2018 12:38am
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I don`t think OE spec is any guarantee when it comes to tyres. They are largely bought on price.

My car is on OE Michelin and the turn-in is rubbish and the wet grip is poor too. I made some improvement by increasing tyre pressures to 40 all round.

The best gripping tyres I had on my last RRS were Yokohamas, but life was short. The best all rounders (combination of grip, life and price) were Nexen.

Post #551562 Fri Mar 16 2018 10:15am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

paddyh747 wrote:

Let’s hope it can make me fall in love with it.

We've all been there - the times when it is in the garage and messing you about, you think "maybe I'll get rid". And then you get it back and it's all good for a decent period of time and you think "why did I ever doubt it?". It's a Land Rover thing. Given the chance, they get under your skin and then it's difficult to see yourself in anything else. There are those who buy one, have a few problems and sell it on quickly. They just see the bad and never experience how good they can really be. As someone who has used my RRS on and off road, I'm always slightly surprised at how accomplished these big old lumps can be.

Give it another chance and it might just surprise you. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #551573 Fri Mar 16 2018 11:09am
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
I’ve had Audi’s and BMW’s

And I know where I’d rather be every day of the week ther is no comparison full stop. Go back to the lease marques it’s yr choice plenty of happy owners in the LR marque and after having both of the other marques plenty of unhappy customers in them as well. We also use those amber things on each corner more often Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post #551604 Fri Mar 16 2018 2:55pm
Alipapa

I picked up mine last month and have done 1600 km.

The build quality is nowhere near the German brand, my car has some very bad window trim and a noisy seat belt upper mount that need to be replaced by the dealer. But the car ride very nicely and it is super quiet inside, which makes me enjoying the stereo very much.

My previous daily car include a Maserati QP (Last Gen, and the best car I own). an Audi S5 and a Tesla Model S.

The RSS should be the most relaxing car I have ever own, just wish the build quality is better.

Post #551605 Fri Mar 16 2018 3:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12