RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Unhappy Customers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

james5599

United Kingdom 

None of this is new to the JLR brand unfortunately even though it may seem like it’s getting worse.

I had a full fat in 2004, brand new car , was riddled with electronic problems, stereo wouldn’t work half the time, or couldn’t control the volume and then the windows wouldn’t go up or down, the list was endless .

My current Svr has minor issues with the infotainment system but none are particularly serious other than that it’s been great for 6k . I am however nervous about my new car, I d be surprised if there aren’t niggles but blatant workmanship issues - sub standard seats / poor trim fitment etc won’t be acceptable.

Jaguar Land Rover position themselves at the luxury end of the market , they price themselves at the luxury end of the market, so how is it acceptable to deliver a sub standard product to market ? The answer is obvious .

As for other brands having problems , of course that’s true, but how is that an excuse ?! It perhaps holds more weight in the realm of general customer expectation , as customers are we expecting too much ?! What’s wrong with Expecting everything to be perfect and work as it’s supposed to....? You’re being sold that when you buy into the brand surely ?! Of course there ll always be the odd ‘Friday afternoon car’ , however when 4-5 people out of the 4-5 people on here have taken delivery of their my18 cars with all sorts of problems how can that be acceptable? 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Last edited by james5599 on Wed Mar 07 2018 12:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #550688 Wed Mar 07 2018 12:38pm
wilf

All brands have their issues.

And it is an inveitablitiy that the unhappy find their way to forums like these. The vast majority of owners who have no issues never come near a forum.

A significant number of those with problems will end up on a forum attempting to find solutions. So we will see disproportionate numbers here.

All that said, it would seem that JLR have some problems that they need to fix, and quick.

In my own case, I will dump my Sport soon as I can, before OE warranty ends, due to the fuel dilution issue for which there seems to be no fix and which afflicts my car - and I won't be having another. The possibility of a crank failure weighs on my mind, too.

I probably will run away from diesels, too. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #550692 Wed Mar 07 2018 12:43pm
BigBen

United Kingdom 

My first Range Rover (FF) was purchased new in 1996 and after 2 years and 60k miles it dropped a piston resulting in a major engine rebuild (under warranty) my second RR was purchased new in 1999 and after 3.5 years and also 60k miles it mashed the gearbox and required a recon unit. Land Rover refused any contribution to cost. Was advise by numerous friends not buy another as they had experienced many problems. So fed up and disillusioned with JLR then had two Volvo XC90's each of which did about 60k miles without any significant faults. Both were great cars and a pleasure to drive. Test drove the L494 as soon as it was available and immediately placed an order as was very impressed and due a vehicle change. I was (IMO) very lucky to be one of the few that was able to get the MY14 SE version (I did not want all the fancy gismos but did want a very capable of road vehicle). This is a fabulous car to drive and given me much pleasure as well as giving outstanding off road service. I am still so pleased that I did not buy a higher spec as judging from all the subsequent comments there is much less to go wrong on mine and it has held its value better than higher specs it seems. So far I have had no significant faults or problems but hope I am not speaking too soon!

So for me the moral in this story is that JLR have for many years had a very questionable reliability record. Reading this blog and other records of peoples experiences I shall be very unlikely to buy another JLR product and the main reasons for this are the very variable and generally bad service from main dealers and the attitude of JLR to their customers. Vehicle reliability is secondary but still a high priority consideration. All that said the RRS is great vehicle and I shall be very sorry to part with mine.

Post #550697 Wed Mar 07 2018 1:16pm
Nod1

United Kingdom 

Before the fated SVR last year, I had been a loyal FFRRR owner for over 20 years and to be very honest had little or no problems with any of them over the time.
I joined the ffrr forum because of the information available and general chats and humorous articles.
I was about to buy a new FF SC Autobiography when my business partner suggested I look at the SVR. I test drove one and was totally smitten.
The car I received was awesome and I had no complaints at all and everything worked as it was supposed to. However, only when it was being detailed was the damage discovered.
The rest you all know.
I really enjoy this and the other forum, and I have also noticed over the last few years the differences, however, I feel this is purely due to the quality of products produced by JLR and their reduced levels of quality control, which are probably due to financial budgeting and accounting profit structuring.
So I am now very worried about my new SVR which is due for arrival, any day, after many delays.
So now my concern is, am I doing the right thing or am I wasting my money, because if the problems persist with these vehicles, what will the resale value be if I decide to sell ?

Anyway, I would just like to say what a great knowledgeable bunch you all are. Even if I do not contribute that much, I enjoy all the commentary.

Thank you

Nige RRS SVR 2018
RRS SVR 2017 (Rejected within 1 month due to damage)
FFRR AB 5Ltr Santorini Black
Mini Cooper Convertible (For Fun )

Previous
FFRR S/C AB Santorini Black
FFRR 4.2 Vogue Santorini Black
Ferarri 360 Modena

Post #550700 Wed Mar 07 2018 2:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12