RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Are there headunit connections under the driver seat?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MrM

Are there headunit connections under the driver seat?

Long story short I'm looking to install a device in my 2017 to mirror my iPhone on the screen. I've been speaking to a couple of companies who make such hardware and claim the necessary plug and play connections are under the driver seat. I've had a look and can't see anything resembling a headunit or connections there to. The underneath of the passenger and driver seat look identical. Am I missing something?

Post #549587 Sat Feb 24 2018 4:52pm
MrM

To anyone who this might help; I fitted a Naviks video in motion harness to my MY17 sport over the weekend. I am aware of the legalities surrounding such a device but bought it for the purpose of mirroring my iPhone on the display. Using an HDMI cable from the centre armrest I can mirror Waze/ Google maps etc onto the screen now whilst the vehicle is in motion.

With regards to figment, the Naviks instructions were a little misleading. I should have thought more, but when a US company say drivers seat, for us its passenger seat. Would have helped if they had specified left hand or right hand side, but I can confirm the head unit control box is under the passenger front seat. If anyone is interested, you need a 10mm star socket to undo the four bolts securing the seat, trim removal tool to pop out a couple of plastic clips, a couple of plastic fittings come out followed by two more screws to come undone and then you can peel back the carpet to get access to the back of the headunit. The video in motion module harness is plug and play and then clips in. It's not easy but by no means impossible and took me an hour, having previously done the same to the driver seat a few weeks ago without joy, so had a bit of practice as to what I was doing.

I believe it works by "tricking" the headunit to think the car is always in neutral and therefore doesn't inhibit content as you move. As above, to be used appropriately, safely and at ones own discretion.

Post #555425 Mon Apr 30 2018 8:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1