RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS Supercharger
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Iceman

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
RRS Supercharger

Sorry for hijacking this forum but it will break my heart to let my beloved RRS S/C 4.2 V8 car go to the dealers for £41000 (just over 12months old and £58500 new) - please see my post in the For Sale forum, or my listing on eBay below.

£41500 will secure the car but the deal needs to be done by Monday (when dealers are stealing it). They'll put it up for £47995 or somewhere near it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-RANGE-ROVER-SPO...dZViewItem

CALL ME QUICK ON 07803-174-614.

Rick. RRS SC
Bonatti Grey/Black Leather

Post #76043 Wed Jan 17 2007 8:38pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Speak to Kam - if you're buying a new car he can often get a good trade in! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #76049 Wed Jan 17 2007 9:03pm
Iceman

VA - Not going for a new car this time - need to release some money for something else - hence the need to sell!

The car is awesome and we've worked it out that if you're doing about 10,000mls a year the S/C will cost about £14 a week more to fuel than the diesel (V6 version)!

Its a no brainer from a performance point of view and at least £18000 cheaper than a TDV8 which will save you about a tenner a week on fuel over the S/C!!!

Cheers,

Rick. RRS SC

Post #76054 Wed Jan 17 2007 9:31pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Yeah but if it's just a tenner a week on fuel thetas around £500 a year whats £500 when you've just spent £62k on a car Wink but this is just me i can see that some people don't see it like that and can spend the money some where else Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #76070 Wed Jan 17 2007 10:27pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

That is definately a CHEAP car for someone Confused

Best of luck in selling it Iceman

VA - I could just see you in this Rolling Eyes 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #76240 Thu Jan 18 2007 11:57am
tony wright

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Know how you feel Ice man, my 1yr old CLS 500 with 5,000 miles on the clock sold for 38,500 grand to a dealer after costing over sixty new.

Post #76975 Sun Jan 21 2007 8:43pm
Iceman

Car has now sold - for £40,750.00 Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry RRS SC

Post #78161 Fri Jan 26 2007 7:07pm
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

tony wright wrote:
Know how you feel Ice man, my 1yr old CLS 500 with 5,000 miles on the clock sold for 38,500 grand to a dealer after costing over sixty new.

price in euro!?! !?!? 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #78162 Fri Jan 26 2007 7:16pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

So I shouldn't feel too bad about dropping £6,500 after 13 months and 21,000 miles in a TDv6 then. I reckon your supercharged will have cost about twice as much in fuel and three times as much in depreciation & finance.

V8 diesel - you know it makes sense ..... !

PS collecting my TDv8 at 9.30am on Saturday morning Razz RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #78226 Fri Jan 26 2007 11:11pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Smarticus wrote:
So I shouldn't feel too bad about dropping £6,500 after 13 months and 21,000 miles in a TDv6 then. I reckon your supercharged will have cost about twice as much in fuel and three times as much in depreciation & finance.

V8 diesel - you know it makes sense ..... !

PS collecting my TDv8 at 9.30am on Saturday morning Razz

Good luck, Smarticus! Hope its everything you hoped for and more! Smile

Photos and first impressions are in order although, this being the weekend, we might not hear from you so soon! Wink Wink Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #78233 Fri Jan 26 2007 11:47pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Go for it Smarticus, good luck with the TDV8.

I'm not jealous at all, honest !!! Evil or Very Mad Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #78237 Sat Jan 27 2007 12:08am
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Have fun Smarticus, lets here your reports, when you eventually get out of the car. some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #78246 Sat Jan 27 2007 1:15am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

We should do a "night before you pick up your new car" counselling service here. Its now 4.15am and I can't sleep. Might just be the head cold everyone in the family seems to have developed, the return of the weirdly mild weather outside, or simply the irressistable urge to get up and go get the new car syndrome. Find myself saying over and over, "what time is it", "will they be open yet", "can I set off already", "what have I forgotten", "what might go wrong so when I get there they say - sorry, but you can't have it" ....etc, etc.

Totally reminds me of 2 things. The way an 8 year old feels the night before Christmas, and the way an adult male feels when his wife is 9 months pregnant and the new arrival could be here very soon....

There is a whole range of emotional undertones going on ...... There is a tinge of guilt in here - why am I spending so much on a new car, when I already have a perfectly good one ? Am I doing the right thing, and Worry - will everything be alright ? There's some excitment - what will she be like ? Its a bit like that short walk upstairs with a new girl friend when you are a student. Will she perform. Will I perform. Will it be great, or just good, or really disappointing. Will I respect her afterwards, is the anticipation better than the event, will this spoil a beautiful relationship. Will I regret this.......

Its a bit unnerving that the Landrover website still seems in denial that a TDv8 really exists. I can't comfort myself by going on there and "building" my new car - which is how I managed the anxiety befor picking up the TDv6 last year.... Maybe the TDv8 is all in my imagination and I am going to wake up from a good / bad dream ...?

Pathetic, ain't it. Like only 4 am in the morning can achieve.

Its only a bloody car and loads of money after all ............ Shocked RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #78264 Sat Jan 27 2007 5:28am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I've been up most of the night for the head cold reason...but I enjoyed your post. I have so been there! Laughing

Good luck today and get some pics posted as soon as possible. Big congrats! Thumbs Up 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #78268 Sat Jan 27 2007 6:57am
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Smarticus wrote:
We should do a "night before you pick up your new car" counselling service here. Its now 4.15am and I can't sleep. Might just be the head cold everyone in the family seems to have developed, the return of the weirdly mild weather outside, or simply the irressistable urge to get up and go get the new car syndrome. Find myself saying over and over, "what time is it", "will they be open yet", "can I set off already", "what have I forgotten", "what might go wrong so when I get there they say - sorry, but you can't have it" ....etc, etc.

Totally reminds me of 2 things. The way an 8 year old feels the night before Christmas, and the way an adult male feels when his wife is 9 months pregnant and the new arrival could be here very soon....

There is a whole range of emotional undertones going on ...... There is a tinge of guilt in here - why am I spending so much on a new car, when I already have a perfectly good one ? Am I doing the right thing, and Worry - will everything be alright ? There's some excitment - what will she be like ? Its a bit like that short walk upstairs with a new girl friend when you are a student. Will she perform. Will I perform. Will it be great, or just good, or really disappointing. Will I respect her afterwards, is the anticipation better than the event, will this spoil a beautiful relationship. Will I regret this.......

Its a bit unnerving that the Landrover website still seems in denial that a TDv8 really exists. I can't comfort myself by going on there and "building" my new car - which is how I managed the anxiety befor picking up the TDv6 last year.... Maybe the TDv8 is all in my imagination and I am going to wake up from a good / bad dream ...?

Pathetic, ain't it. Like only 4 am in the morning can achieve.

Its only a bloody car and loads of money after all ............ Shocked

What a brilliant post - especially for those of us with a long wait still ahead of us. I especially like the analogy of the new girlfriend.

I have all the guilt feelings of spending so much money on top of what I have been riding around in for the past six years - a Suzuki Jimny jeep! As the market value of the Jimny is about £1500, that must be a £50000 upgrade then Shocked Shocked Big Cry Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #78273 Sat Jan 27 2007 10:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>