Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Tracker that works FULLY in both UK and Ireland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tally

United Kingdom 
Tracker that works FULLY in both UK and Ireland

Hi all,

New to the forum (as a member) - long term reader though.
Was hoping for some advice.

I want to get the best tracker available for my RRS 18. From my research it appears that tracker.co.uk is the best (more specifically the cat 5 plus): https://www.trackerdirect.co.uk/which-tracker

I have a holiday home in Ireland and travel back and forth from to the UK many times per year.

Although it says Europe wide coverage for the cat 5 plus, I have found out that if your car is stolen in Ireland, tracker simple call the Irish police and inform them and hope they are not busy with something else to go looking for your car. In other words, tracker do not work WITH police forces abroad, like they do in the uk. They just simply inform them of the theft and the location they have.

So I asked the agent on the phone whether I could simply go and track my car myself if the Irish police are too busy to. The guy said no because the moment I confirm it’s been stolen they refuse to share location info with me.

Also worth mentioning that the ‘guard and recover’ service is only available in mainland uk.

So my concern is that if my RRS gets stolen in Ireland, I won’t be getting the full and effective service to retrieve my car.

Does anybody know of a tracker that has full features in both the uk and Ireland?

Thanks in advance

Post #549450 Thu Feb 22 2018 4:09pm
tally

United Kingdom 

bump

Post #549791 Mon Feb 26 2018 4:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1