RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY10 77k about to cost a lot of money?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PaulFireblade

United Kingdom 
MY10 77k about to cost a lot of money?

So, my 3.0 RRS registered Sept 09 is The best car I have ever owned and is fabulous to drive. Myself and one x previous owner have regularly service it including box and diff oils and had big belt service last year.

Only ever had one big warranty job when Land Rover had to remove sump and replace oil level sensor at 16k and about 2 years. It has only had one real failure which was O/S/F wheel bearing replaced at 68k and 7 1/2 years.

It does have a few little quirks, three times now, radio buttons have gone blank when engine started but changing station brings all the radio station details back and over the Xmas break the lighting on the speedo needle became Intermittent but been working fine since the New year.

So are most of the 3.0 models this reliable for the first 80k and if so when do the expensive problems start to rack up?

Or have I been really lucky with this vehicle and if it has been this good so far it will probably continue the same, or quite while I am ahead and put the money in to something newer.

I only have one friend with an RRS, he bought a 62 plate (eight speed box) with 95k on it and has spent out a fortune and recently had his engine destroy itself at 125k so getting a little nervous.

Mine is 8 1/2 years old now but drives and looks like new, so would be interested in you feedback.

Cheers Paul 2016 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Aintree Green Black 21” Wheels Ivory Leatherr with Mocka Dash and carpets
2010MY 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Ipanema Sand, 20" 15 spoke alloys,
Ivory perforated leather/Ebony dash top & Carpets/Anigre trim - Now Gone
Porsche Carrera 4 (996) manual, Silver & Grey Leather - tucked up in garage
Swift Sundance motorhome on Fiat Ducato X250 chassis
Disco 300tdi - gone
Saab 93 Convertible Hirsche kit - gone
Global GT Light track car (150bhp 300kg) fast but so unreliable - Gone

Post #548853 Fri Feb 16 2018 7:31pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
I thought you had bought our car then Shocked

Had a 2010 Ipanema hse lux with 78k and 1 previous owner !! had every intention of keeping it IF we could not get a good deal on a newer car?
We had the car for 28 months and only £££ was for servicing (did have a new FBH and fuel gauge sorted in warranty)
it was coming due the big belt service and had intended to have a drive Up North Whistle to have this and any preventative maintenance work done and would have been very happy to keep it.

until the offer we put on a 2016 hse dynamic was accepted Very Happy

If you like it stick with it, you will never know whats around the corner anyway

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #548859 Fri Feb 16 2018 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1