RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Thinkware F770 2CH Dash Cam.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

PEACHY

England 
Thinkware F770 2CH Dash Cam.

I have now had the 2 channel Thinkware F770 dash cam hardwired to the Sport. Yesterday it was set in normal park mode & recorded for about 2 hours in segments of 1 minute. I have noticed that the parking mode has a motion detector option & set it accordingly via the app. Reviewing the footage this morning it seems that again it only recorded for about 2 hours then overwrites itself - any advice please. Below is what I copied from a well known dash cam site - I find the park mode a useful tool but I am in work for 9 hrs at a time - so would miss any potential issue from the start of the day. I have now set it to time lapse mode & hope this records longer Rolling Eyes

With the 64GB card the 1-channel can hold 13 hours of video and the 2-channel can hold 7.5 hours of video. Please email us at info@blackboxmycar.com if you are thinking of ordering an aftermarket Micro SD card, not all Class 10 cards will work with the Thinkware F770!*

As always thanks in advance Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #548470 Tue Feb 13 2018 9:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Reduce the sensitivity of the motion and/or the picture resolution.

Post #548472 Tue Feb 13 2018 10:08am
PEACHY

England 

Crying or Very sad Tried the above & a few other things as well - ended up speaking to the Thinkware Technical helpline - unfortunately the 2 ch cam uses 8GB per hour to record in parking mode therefore will overwrite itself after 4 hrs ( mine isn't even lasting that long ) Big Cry even the 64GB may not help or record if the Sport gets vandalised which didn't involve an impact.
I am not impressed so far & maybe should have done some more homework before purchase - if any one knows anything different please advise Sad I may refit it to the wife's Hyundai & buy another Blackvue. 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #548559 Wed Feb 14 2018 9:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BigBen

United Kingdom 

Just about to have my BlackVue DR750S-2CH removed under warranty (full cost refund)and replaced by a Thinkware F800 Pro. This is my second BlackVue to have failed in last 2 months and both for what appears to be unreliable processor in main camera causing various faults including failure to record rear camera and intermittent recording on front camera. Also the faults seem to lead to excessive battery drain especially if using parking mode. Limited evidence on internet of others having similar problems.

The Thinkware seems a better bet as it seems to be more reliable and has better functionality with much lower claimed battery drain. We will see but anything is better than the BlackVue which has given me a very frustrating experience.

As an aside I would say that the supplier who also fitted the BlackVue's has provided exemplary service without any quibbles.

Post #548563 Wed Feb 14 2018 10:15am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Peachy,

What happens if you go into Memory Card Settings, Memory Partition and change it from A to C setting as I see this increases the allocation percentage of the card for different modes. Wouldn't really know if it would help in anyway.

Cheers
Col

Post #548565 Wed Feb 14 2018 10:27am
Col

I changed my F770 for the F800 Pro slightly better camera, more compact, and cosmetically look's more attractive but due to location of lead connections being to close together and on the opposite end of unit to the 770 with the really chunky plug on the rear camera lead does not make it possible to get a discrete wiring installation, which personally annoys me. If they did for want of a better description a R/H/D version would be o.k. I actually took the F800 back out which is now just chucked in a draw and refitted the F770 as it is still a very good camera.

Cheers
Col

Post #548566 Wed Feb 14 2018 10:46am
PEACHY

England 

Thanks for the replies gents Thumbs Up

Col - I will re adjust the settings as suggested to see if it gives a better recording time Thumbs Up

BigBen - I have had a couple of Blackvues fitted to my previous Sports & TBH they have not been without there issues - causing distribution to the onboard TV & overheating during the summer months so the SD CARD plays up but nothing catastrophic Wink

Watch this space Rolling Eyes 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #548572 Wed Feb 14 2018 12:10pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

the F770 has timelapse setting which is what i use, recorded for ages, and has parking incident setting, so will save clips if hit

all be it, the FL2 its in have Censored batteries so the voltage drop turns it off if it gets too low

it also has setting A.B.C which differ the memory settings, so much percent to continuous driving, parking and so on, maybe one of them would suit better

Post #548580 Wed Feb 14 2018 1:17pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

It sounds to me that you'd have grounds for returning this unit as not-fit-for-purpose; what does their adverts say record time is under the various options.

The unit with front and rear cameras that produce quite high resolution will consume storage capacity pretty quickly. In the 'settings' I downgraded the rear camera resolution and also turn the rear unit off when parked at home in front of the garage door or elsewhere when the rear of the car is against a wall or similar.

I also went away from Blackvue due to unreliability, it was replaced by supplier for a Thinkware: also returned. Have a Qvia unit which seems fine.

Post #548582 Wed Feb 14 2018 1:26pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

example of parking incident (me getting back in car)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/881g6bff5mwnvs1/...e.MP4?dl=0

the setting C shows more disc space given to parking

Post #548584 Wed Feb 14 2018 1:31pm
PEACHY

England 

Samsung Evo+ 128gb card fitted today - so far so good Very Happy no errors & the card didn't need formatting. It has recorded for over 4 hours both parked & continuous driving with no issues. More reports to follow - I have also set it in setting C now its parked up for the night Wink 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #548733 Thu Feb 15 2018 6:18pm
Col

Interesting, I thought the F770 0nly accepted up to 64gb cards, I have a couple of new 128gb SanDisk Ultra cards here might try one of them and see what happens.

Cheers
Col

Post #548752 Thu Feb 15 2018 8:04pm
PEACHY

England 

I done some digging & found that the Samsung evo + was the best option - i will try & find the link. It did also mention not all higher capacity memory cards was compatible. I’m not that upto date with sd card technology Embarassed 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #548754 Thu Feb 15 2018 8:26pm
PEACHY

England 

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/1...kware-f770

Have a look here Col Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #548756 Thu Feb 15 2018 8:31pm
Col

Peachy,

Tried the two 128GB SanDisk's I have and both worked fine, no errors or anything and recorded o.k. both parked and driving.. Thumbs Up Like you haven't a clue what all the numbers mean but these are the one's I tried (have added photo of card). Also noticed using the App in the memory card settings you can uncheck the box for the video overwrite setting for the parking image, not sure if that means it will just keep recording until that partition of the card is full or how long it would take to fill that part or what happens then if it tells you its full and you have to reformat the card or what. Of course you may have already tried this, in that case ignore what I have just said, otherwise might just be a case of trying it and see what happens.

Cheers
Col

Post #548907 Sat Feb 17 2018 9:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>