RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS PLUG IN DELAYED BUILD DATES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 15 <123 4 ... 131415>

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

This thread brings back memories of waiting for my ingenium DS that I ordered June 2015 for Sep delivery with no discounts, zero communication or assistance from dealer or LR until it arrived Dec then I spent 9 months basicaly testing it for LR and reporting faults back to dealer before I gave up and bought the Mitsy after 16 years of LRs

By contrast I got massive discount, 2 weeks waiting for delivery and so far 18 months fault free motoring for peanuts

I have basically paid 1/3 of what I would of paid for a LR phev and get treated like I'm the dealers favourite customer instead of there are plenty more out there so take it or leave it Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #554801 Sun Apr 22 2018 11:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

BMW Mini are proving to be as “good” at this delaying of deliveries as Land Rover! The electric bits of the Mini come from the same factory - Steyr Magna in Austria - as LR’s Electric bits of the PHEV units for RRS and FFRR are built in the same factory........... I know somebody who has the 2 Series PHEV on order and they have been being stalled since last July 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #554803 Mon Apr 23 2018 7:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Also worth reading

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic46710.html

Post #554851 Mon Apr 23 2018 2:29pm
saints

United Kingdom 

My PHEV has a build date of w/c 4th June, which is good news.

Less good news is the dealer “forgot” to finalise the order with me before the cut off date. He just submitted the order, based on what I thought I’d want back in November. I’m now trying to see if it’s too late to make any amendments.

Post #555049 Wed Apr 25 2018 7:08pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

As much as I want it to happen and for you to get your car in June...It won't happen Embarassed

I hear earliest cars will be in September now.....lets see...

Post #555105 Thu Apr 26 2018 3:19pm
saints

United Kingdom 

Well the build date is still holding firm, but we’ll see what happens.

Some advise please - the dealer didn’t finalise the spec with me before it got locked down. We now can’t make any changes and can’t add a couple of options we wanted to, or change the colour (that was up for debate between me and my wife).

So the question is, do you ask for some sort of compensation for poor service? If so, what?

Anyone else been in this situation before?

Cheers

Post #555171 Fri Apr 27 2018 11:41am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately these kind of things happen a lot with RR dealers Rolling Eyes

Yes I would push for some form of compensation - get on the sales manager and let him/her know what has happened and that your spec was not final and that the sales person should have checked this with you before lock down.

Did you get a discount? If not push for a good discount and a free service plan?

Post #555172 Fri Apr 27 2018 11:45am
saints

United Kingdom 

I did get a discount of 6% which I was pleased with (went through CarFile).

But I’ll take your advice and ask for a service plan, or something similar.

Thanks for the reply.

Post #555173 Fri Apr 27 2018 11:58am
RRSp400e

United Kingdom 

I placed my order in November and was initially given a date on 11 May 18 as build slot. I am now being told it will move back to 8th June 18.

Also been told I cannot make changes ... I wanted to change colour.

Post #555198 Fri Apr 27 2018 6:25pm
ab601

United Kingdom 

I ordered in Nov and have a build date of 18th May but been told it could change

Post #555200 Fri Apr 27 2018 6:56pm
Tim in Scotland

Was in Taggarts North, Glasgow today and their team were trying to set up their just PDI’d PHEV. I spent an hour being dissuaded by the salesman from buying one............ your driving profile is not what it is aimed at..... your are not a business user, this car is aimed fairly and squarely at reducing BIK tax liablity you would see no benefit from owning one......... on and on, nothing positive to me BUT then he said why don’t you try the 2.0ltr 400hp 4 cylinder turbo........ I disputed the 400bhp coming out of a 2.0ltr but the sales man was adamant - until I pointed that that was the COMBINED power outputs when the PHEV’s electric and petrol engines were running at the same time. Other interesting facts - this PHEV set up will not run in electric only mode until the battery has reached the right temperature, there is no pre-heater like the BMW and MINI’s have so you have to drive miles and miles suffering a noisy and low toque at low revs 2.0 petrol engine that is dragging along 2.7 tonnes of RRS (remeber there’s an addition 150kgs of batteries + the weight of all the options you add) so this car isn’t even aimed at town drivers looking to reduce emissions in town! I would seriously recommend anybody with one on order to take a test drive as soon as possible - if reducing you BIK is your highest priority then by all means buy one but if you want to partially save the planet by driving around in town in electric only mode this car is not the car for you -buy a BMW or VW or a Mitsubishi Outlander or a Tesla instead. The impression I was given was that this car is purely a tax dodging car for those who want to save £20k a year BIK over driving a company FFRR or RRS with a conventional power source. Having said that their demo car looked lovely - a Firenze Red with black contrast roof Autobiography with HUD and a lot of other extras taking the price very close to £95,000 which is a lot to pay for a heavy car with relatively low power to weight ratio. Oh also the salesman added that you can never flatten the battery......... how? It will always keep 20% of the charge in reserve in case you want to floor the loud pedal when running in petrol only mode......... BTW it looks like you have to make down with the Disco Sport 19” wheels too if you want to be fit from the tax reduction - nothing else will be accepted by the tax man as they change the emissions and weight of the car. Mini PHEV and BMW’s are the same but at least with them you have a choice of homolgated alloys. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #556624 Wed May 16 2018 3:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SRE

Spain 

I was thinking about a hybrid myself, however there are still a few things that need to be addressed first prior to me making the leap.
For starters:-
Poor range on Electric power.
Very poor fuel consumption and performance once the battery pack has exhausted itself and you only have a small gutless petrol engine to propel you.
How many JLR dealers have the expertise within their staff to be fully au fait with these new systems ? In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #556632 Wed May 16 2018 4:20pm
Tim in Scotland

As you know I’m dipping a toe into the hybrid water - would hate to spend that much money on a car that turned out to be a very expensive slug - I’ve been spoiled having SDv6 and TDv8’s with loads of power and torque. The mini is almost half the weight but more importantly it has a powerful enough petrol engine to keep up once the battery has died and judging by some of the posts on various Mini forums those that have already received their Mini PHEV’s are getting around 38-40mpg out of them on a longer journey in petrol only mode - the biggest drawback I can see is the tiny petrol tank....... the Mini has a very Mini tank - 35ltrs and the OTR price includes a fully charged battery and 50ltrs of petrol (so I will need to take my jerry can with me to make sure I get all of my entitlement at delivery!). 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #556636 Wed May 16 2018 5:02pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Had a trip to Whitby today for lunch over the N.Y. moors (approx 100 miles return) in my Mitsubishi PHEV - started fully charged from home but nowhere to charge there - trip used 45 mpg - last tank was 132mpg Cool

Coming up for 2 years/17k miles trouble free motoring - paid £25k new after tax rebate and online car buying sites currently offering me £20-22k - can't see LR tempting me back especially reading your post Tim Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #556682 Wed May 16 2018 10:51pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Muddy,,,,I’ve got your winter wheels back from the powder coaters.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White