RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS PLUG IN DELAYED BUILD DATES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 15 <123 ... 131415>

Davegrillo

Malta 

Dear all
Are the build dates still very backwards? Ordered mid October and was told it will be here March/April. Is that realistic?
Also, for those who got the car, what is your feedback?
Thanks

Post #568193 Sat Nov 03 2018 6:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Dave, the fact there are so few posts from those owning the PHEV must be a good sign - nothing to complain about (yet) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #568203 Sat Nov 03 2018 8:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Davegrillo

Malta 

True Tim. I startes with wanting a DS but the forums were loaded. Then I went for the velar (upped my budget considerably). Im in lover with the Velar design. When I went to order WLTP had just kicked in and deaker asked for 4000euro more in registration fees due to emissions bracket...whixh brought me to the same budget as the RRS in PHEV. I find it to be quite big for Malta but sounds like the best bet when diesel is being attacked so badly.
Im really loiking forward now.
Please let me know of any updates.
Thanks

Post #568206 Sat Nov 03 2018 9:14pm

United Kingdom 

Davegrillo wrote:
Dear all
Are the build dates still very backwards? Ordered mid October and was told it will be here March/April. Is that realistic?
Also, for those who got the car, what is your feedback?
Thanks

Dave - Ordered mine in August and was initially told December for delivery. Now being told January for build and delivery in early Feb due to the shutdown in production they had, so March / April would fit in with that sort of timeline, unless there are more delays of course. Others sound like they have had significantly longer from order to delivery though, so fingers crossed it is improving. Will let you know!

Post #568293 Mon Nov 05 2018 9:34am
Spooked

United Kingdom 
2.5 tonne ninja

So my p400e was delivered on Friday...to say I’m pleased would be an understatement. I covered 400 miles on less than half a tank of fuel at the weekend. Mixture of short trips and a couple of motorway round trips of more than 100 miles. Using the Remote App (which is fab) I can see each journey logged and most of the trips ended with a 250+ MPG, while the longer ones around 48MPG.

I’ve used the EV button a lot, although haven’t bothered with battery save, as I wanted to see how the car responded to real world conditions. So my 55 mile journey last night was completed in auto mode, and I still had 3 miles of battery when I parked up.

The Rolec fast charger I had installed at home does 100pc in about 3 hours, and will do 30pc-80pc in about an hour. I can check the charge status from my phone, which is great...but not as great as being able to precondition the car from the comfort of my armchair using the remote app...set to a balmy 22C and get an alert to say it’s ready!

The iGuide App has been invaluable in terms of getting to know the car and fiddle with the vast number of settings. The short video guides baked into the app are also a huge help. The infotainment is great (although a bit glitchy with InControl apps - which I don’t really like anyway).

I installed a 2GB sim to use the online media functions, but linking it to my Deezer account was fiddly. Web browsing works really well and the kids love the fact the car has its own Wi-fi.

I didn’t stuff the car with options, but the HSE spec is plenty luxurious enough. I did opt for the upgraded headlights, which are extraordinary. Auto full beam, adaptive and you can even see the lights cut out when a car approaches.

The only option I regret not adding is the surround camera. It’s a big car and I have to get it into a horribly tight, sharp 90degree turn into work car park, and then into a normal sized bay. While the parking aid is a help, the surround camera would have made life much easier.

On B roads, the RR glides over crappy surfaces like a hovercraft. It’s really sure footed, and when you flick the gear shift to the left to enter Sport mode, the car is really quick. Not as fast as the AMG I’ve just given back, but plenty quick enough for hurried overtakes. At 60mph, the RR feels like it’s doing 30. And when driving in EV mode, you’d have to turn the brilliant Meridian sound system off to know whether it’s using the petrol engine at all. Despite what some said of the early cars, I literally cannot tell when the car switches from EV to petrol.

You do notice the regenerative function when you decelerate, and while the brakes were a bit grabby at the start (as you’d expect from a new car) I’ve got used to them really quickly - and for a big car, it’ll stop on a sixpence.

I’ll let you guys know more as the weeks pass. But I’ve been blown away by the vehicle, the technology, the build quality (zero squeaks and rattles) and the fantastic connectivity. And if any of you thinking about getting one and want to ask questions, I’ll do my best to answer them.

Post #568296 Mon Nov 05 2018 10:03am
Davegrillo

Malta 

1880 thank you amd good luck. Maybe we need to pester them:)
Spooked that is wonderful news. Doesnt help my wait till April. More feedback always appreciated.
Are you in the Uk?

Post #568297 Mon Nov 05 2018 10:14am
Spooked

United Kingdom 

Yup...in Scotland. It’s been a long wait, but worth it!

Post #568298 Mon Nov 05 2018 10:22am
Davegrillo

Malta 

Great
Wrll be in Aberdeen and Aboyne this April. Just jopr the car wont arrive in Malta while were on holiday:)

Post #568300 Mon Nov 05 2018 10:38am
irish-in-nl

Car finally arrived

So my car finally arrived at the garage this morning. The emissions figure is 74. I ordered this car in November 2017!!photos in the gallery below

Last edited by irish-in-nl on Tue Nov 06 2018 1:49pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #568386 Tue Nov 06 2018 12:38pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

Hi
Cant see any photos. They ahould actually pay you for the wait!! Will you give us lesser mortals some feedback on jow youre doing?

Post #568388 Tue Nov 06 2018 12:55pm
irish-in-nl

Yep will do, have to wait a couple of weeks on the license plates here in the Netherlands

Post #568389 Tue Nov 06 2018 12:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

“Normally” if you pay a deposit to secure your order at the time of placing the order, that will fix the price. I placed the order for my car back in November 2017 for an early March delivery and paid a £2000 deposit, there was a price rise in late January and in Feb BMW managed to wipe out all orders pending in their database while upgrading the 2018 Specs............ that all set the build date of my car back to late April this year, then there was a problem with the supply of hybrid units........ build went to late May, delivery was a surprise as the car was expected at the dealer end of June and it turned up 2.5 weeks earlier. When I went in to finalise paperwork I was told that the original price had been held - there had been a £2000 price hike in February and also BMW UK had volunteered to pay the 5 years additional tax as the paper value of the car was now over the £40000 luxury car tax threshold - all I paid was the original list price AND that was then reduced by a pay back for the 5 years x £311 annual tax I should have been eligible to pay! I then also got the £2500 UK Govt rebate for buying a low emissions car........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #568392 Tue Nov 06 2018 1:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
irish-in-nl

I’ve managed to come to an agreement with the garage and in fairness it has a few upgrades since I ordered it, so I can’t complain that much.

Post #568395 Tue Nov 06 2018 1:26pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

This sounds good:)
Enjoy it and best of luck

Post #568418 Tue Nov 06 2018 5:23pm
Gijsv

Netherlands 

Yes, ours arrived at the dealer today🎉🎉🎉finally!!!
We hope to collect it this weekend, cant wait.

Post #568424 Tue Nov 06 2018 7:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 15 <123 ... 131415>