RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS PLUG IN DELAYED BUILD DATES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 15 <123 ... 12 131415>

Dave777

United Kingdom 

Great looking car Mattsophie. I hope we can see some more pictures on Monday. Also it will interesting to see what CO2 your reg doc says. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #567793 Sun Oct 28 2018 2:31pm

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I read recently that one of the reasons for the changes in the Govt grant scheme is because business people have been taking the p*ss and using PHEV’s as a tax avoidance scheme, taking the grant and BIK benefits but not using their cars how they are meant to be used, but running then purely in highly inefficient petrol/ diesel mode and on expenses........... such a pity that the greed of a few has punished private buyers buying their own vehicles that don’t get used for work/business I’m sure it would have been possible to have bashed company car users abusing the system without hitting those of us who have to fund our own cars. It’s getting round to time when business users should be limited to pathetic little cars with tiny 2 cylinder or purely electric engines which might discourage a whole heap of unnecessary motorway use and more public transport use............

I have to say Tim, I agree. Not wanting to incur the wrath of the business user community, but it does seem a bit odd to confer an additional benefit on those who have company cars versus the rest of us. If there should be incentives to have clean cars, then they should apply equally to all, with a separate system to encourage or deter company cars as suits policy.

Post #567838 Mon Oct 29 2018 12:58pm
Mattsophie

United Kingdom 

Mmmmm......I seem to have caused some controversy in stating that I chose a P400e as a company car for tax reasons.
First of all, I own the company that provide the car, so it is ultimately my money that pays for it, the same as it would be for any private customer.
Second, as any legitimate business owner will tell you, between income tax, employers N.I contributions, corporation tax, P11D costs etc, I pay more than my fair share into the tax pot, as will many others who are able to fund an £80K car through their company.
So, to save a few hundred quid a month in company car tax by choosing a vehicle that is tax friendly at the moment, until the government chooses to move the goalposts again simply makes good financial sense i’m Afraid.
And, the car is awesome!!!!!!!

Post #567878 Tue Oct 30 2018 8:44am
Martin123999

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I ordered my PHEV RRS in March was told at the time that delivery would be December, this was revised to October, at the beginning of October I had an email to say it was held up due to new emissions testing, I cancelled the order.

Post #567881 Tue Oct 30 2018 9:45am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mattsophie, I have no issue with people buying an RRS PHEV as a company car, what I do object to are those who buy them purely as a tax avoidance scheme with no intention whatsoever to run them in EV mode, after all running a PHEV in petrol/diesel mode all the time is worse than buying a 5.0V8 S/C in environmental terms - some people buy a very heavy car with the 200kgs extra weight of batteries and with a small capacity petrol engine not intended to be the prime power source and use it purely in petrol mode............ running a 5.0lt V8 is probably more efficient and for sure more fun even in town but they would be hammered by the tax man for having such a car. Surely one of the reasons for having the PHEV is to reduce your fossil fuel consumption and to reduce emissions - great if you can do that and save on tax too. It is time that the car makers tech teams came up with an energy usage meter that is better than what you and my cars have - and one that is good enough to prove to the tax office that you actually use the vehicle in its most efficient/ least polluting mode in order to get your tax refund. I’m really pleased with my PHEV and the huge reduction in running costs it has brought me, a private owner, through free fueling (it costs me £20 a year for the RFID card needed to use public chargers in Scotland) and the FIT earning from my domestic solar panel array so far this year have more than paid for the cost of charging the car’s HV batteries - I am able to now do 90% of my motoring in electric mode and as I have a bus pass now even the park and ride bus from the car park with the public chargers in it is free for me! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #567887 Tue Oct 30 2018 10:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

Mattsophie is spot on.

But the important point is being overlooked - company car drivers still pay for their own fuel unless they take the extremely (tax) expensive option of 'free' fuel. Most don't, unless they do massive miles. So why would any sane company car person pay for petrol when they can use electric? The point here is not to save the planet or we would all downgrade to a bike, but it's to modify our behaviours and in that regard, the government has taken a good step. They need the tax take so killing the golden goose at first sight is a bit daft, right? I was sceptical of the PHEV, selecting it primarily because I dislike diesel, but didn't want the awful mpg of a V6 or V8 petrol and I see the 400e as progressive, albeit not perfect. I had no idea I would end up loving the technology and trying to drive on electric as much as possible.

I have to say I started to look at this forum to share views with fellow RR drivers who love their cars, but it feels a bit like I'm receiving a party political broadcast on the fact that I earn a few quid and can afford my lovely car. Like Mattsophie, I pay loads of tax, and I'm happy to do so but I don't feel bad about choosing a sensible car to make the most of my situation. Tax avoidance is not illegal and everyone, without fail, does it and I don't recall anyone saying they have a 400e but never use the electric. Maybe I missed the post, sorry.

Let's face it, the government will change the rules again soon.

PS, mine is a MY18 car so 65 co2s' -- maximum tax dodge, yeh Rolling with laughter

Post #567908 Tue Oct 30 2018 3:13pm
ghunkin

United Kingdom 
Picked Up Today

Thinking I may have over-specced this given the 2 hours it took to explain everything during handover!

MY19 HSE Dynamic with 21" 5085 style silver wheels
Byron Blue Metallic with Ebony/Eclipse interior
Privacy Glass
Pixel Headlights
Red brake calipers
Body-coloured fixed panoramic roof
Dark grey oak veneer
Ebony Morzine Headlining
Drive Pro Pack
Park Pro Pack
Auto-dimming mirrors
Heated & Cooled seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Configurable Ambient Lighting
Three Zone Climate Control
Head-Up Display
Surround Camera System
Wade Sensing
Illuminated Rear Treadplate
Electrically Deployable Steps
iPhone Connect & Charge Dock

And it has APPLE CARPLAY!!!

Only had a 40 mile drive home mostly in the dark and the only problem so far is that the instrument displays seem to randomly flick between day and night illumination.
Will look at the manual tonight to see if this is a setting issue.

I think its a stunning looking car and drives superbly in spite of the nervous nut behind the wheel Laughing

Post #567936 Tue Oct 30 2018 9:00pm
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

I'm loving seeing all the new deliveries......I was beginning to think I was doomed to be the only PHEV on the road Shocked

Post #567970 Wed Oct 31 2018 2:00pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Re: Picked Up Today

ghunkin wrote:
Thinking I may have over-specced this given the 2 hours it took to explain everything during handover!

Privacy Glass
Pixel Headlights
Red brake calipers
Dark grey oak veneer
Ebony Morzine Headlining
Drive Pro Pack
Park Pro Pack
Auto-dimming mirrors
Heated & Cooled seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Head-Up Display
Surround Camera System
Wade Sensing

Only had a 40 mile drive home mostly in the dark and the only problem so far is that the instrument displays seem to randomly flick between day and night illumination.

I think its a stunning looking car and drives superbly in spite of the nervous nut behind the wheel Laughing

Lovely looking car. I am also looking to get a car similar spec to yours and as it will be a company car i was wondering if you could tell me what the co2 rating was given n your spec as i have been told that each cars differs depending on the options you choose and i need to make sure my co2 falls below 75gkm.

Post #568017 Thu Nov 01 2018 6:55am
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Mattsophie wrote:
Mmmmm......I seem to have caused some controversy in stating that I chose a P400e as a company car for tax reasons.
First of all, I own the company that provide the car, so it is ultimately my money that pays for it, the same as it would be for any private customer.
Second, as any legitimate business owner will tell you, between income tax, employers N.I contributions, corporation tax, P11D costs etc, I pay more than my fair share into the tax pot, as will many others who are able to fund an £80K car through their company.
So, to save a few hundred quid a month in company car tax by choosing a vehicle that is tax friendly at the moment, until the government chooses to move the goalposts again simply makes good financial sense i’m Afraid.
And, the car is awesome!!!!!!!

Hello mate

any chance you can tell me what the co2 rating was for your car please ? also i am in the same situation as yourself and own my own company and am not sure whether to buy the car personally or through my limited company. Do you think there is any chance i can speak to you and ask you a few questions as to which way to go as my accountant seems to think buying it personally is better than as a company car but i think my accountant maybe wrong as not only you but it seems that essexrrs has also purchased through his company so maybe there is a reason why its better to go company way.

Post #568018 Thu Nov 01 2018 7:00am
ghunkin

United Kingdom 
Re: Picked Up Today

rrsfan wrote:
ghunkin wrote:

Privacy Glass
Pixel Headlights
Red brake calipers
Dark grey oak veneer
Ebony Morzine Headlining
Drive Pro Pack
Park Pro Pack
Auto-dimming mirrors
Heated & Cooled seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Head-Up Display
Surround Camera System
Wade Sensing

Lovely looking car. I am also looking to get a car similar spec to yours and as it will be a company car i was wondering if you could tell me what the co2 rating was given n your spec as i have been told that each cars differs depending on the options you choose and i need to make sure my co2 falls below 75gkm.

I was originally told by the dealer that it was being registered for VED purposes as 72 g/km. However when I picked the car up, they stated it was actually 71 g/km.
Either way, it was taxed for £15 Very Happy

Post #568025 Thu Nov 01 2018 9:55am
ghunkin

United Kingdom 

And now finally confirmed on the DVLA website as 71 g/km Smile

Post #568027 Thu Nov 01 2018 10:16am
Mattsophie

United Kingdom 

Hi rrs fan,
A big reason why it works for me through the business is that it's registered as my wife's company car, and she is a legitimate 20% tax-payer.
I drive an Amarok pick-up which is actually used to ferry stuff about almost daily, but if the RRS was in my name, the BIK would double up to the 40% rate.
Don't know if your circumstances are similar, and you could do the same?
Not tax evasion.........tax compliance. (just in-case the non-company car drivers spit the dummy out again)

Post #568064 Thu Nov 01 2018 4:52pm

United Kingdom 

Sorry Mattsophie - intention wasn't to spit the dummy. I'm all for reducing tax bills where you can, just seems odd that they give an extra incentive to company car owners that the rest of us don't get. Beautiful cars the both of you though. Very jealous as my build date seems to have been pushed out to January now, so not likely to see mine before Feb Crying or Very sad

Post #568066 Thu Nov 01 2018 5:26pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

Hi Can you lrt us know how its going and how build quality is? Ordered one just last week and did not trst drive it.
Any reliability issues?

Post #568085 Thu Nov 01 2018 9:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 15 <123 ... 12 131415>