RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY2013 Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Danny_B

United Kingdom 
MY2013 Prices

Hi everyone, I'am new to the forum so appologise if this or similar posts have been posted numerous times. I've jsut had a call from my local LR garage trying to get me to test drive one of the new RRS. I currently have a 2014 SDV6 HSE with 30k on the clock and in excellent condiiton. I love the car and have owned two - this and a 2005 sport. I'm a big fan of the Range Rovers. I've been planning to change to a completely different car as Ive owned two of them. No doubt I'll regret selling it and at some point I'll move back to something from the Land Rover brand. I've decided that the wife can have the practical car this time and I'm going to go for a sports car for a year or two.

Anyway to get to the point the guy at the LR dealership planted a seed in my mind, he said the MY2013 RRS were going to plummet price wise and he was trying to switch people over to the new model before this happens, typical sales speak I know but it did get me thinking.

To the average Joe there isnt much externally that would differenitate the two, interior wise it's different I supoose.

I was just interested to hear views on whether I should make the steps to sell it before this happens - what does everyone think about the potential depreciation of the MY2013 cars?

Thanks.

Post #547191 Wed Jan 31 2018 3:49pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Why don't you see what they, and LR dealers in general have in stock around MY 15/16/17 and then get quotes for a 2 year PCP deal - track the guaranteed future values. If they start to plummet, you'll know LR are predicting a future issue and you can get rid of yours well before. I don't think they have shown much of a fall, other than the usual age related one so far. I have mine on PCP with a GMV at 3 years around 65% of what I actually paid, so I'm not that bothered - the relatively low interest I'm paying is my insurance against a collapse of the second hand values. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #547222 Wed Jan 31 2018 8:18pm
Danny_B

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply. That's a good pointer. I'll get in touch with them and see what they say. I had a look at the secondhand values last night on Auto trader and they dont seem to have taken too much of a hit at the moment. As I mentioned in my first post, to most people they dont look (externally) that much differen. It's not like when the last model changed design.

Post #547249 Thu Feb 01 2018 8:52am
W44NNE

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

I've recently purchased a 2013 L494 and I doubt prices will "plummet'. For me, the new interior isn't a bonus. I've driven a Velar and the fact there's less buttons is a hinderance on the road. Yes it looks nice but knowing JLR, that probably means they just added some extra unreliability in to the mix.

Funnily enough though, I started out looking fora weekend car and nearly bought an F-Type, before ending up with another RRS. The way I see it, you can't drive fast near where I live any more thanks to cameras etc, and the RRS is hard to beat for space and overall cross-country ability. I was dodging every pothole bigger than a 2p coin on my Jag test drives, but it doesn't matter in the RRS.

Post #547252 Thu Feb 01 2018 9:29am
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Lol, if prices of MY2013 examples are about to plummet why would a dealer be looking to take one into stock Rolling with laughter

I love to challenge sales guys who are full of bullshine :lol:and have yet to meet one who wants to do a financial favour for anyone else other than himself

Post #547258 Thu Feb 01 2018 10:43am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Should the prices "plummet", then the price to change would put most people off, so he wont have a job as he wont be selling.
If prices are going to be as unstable as that, why buy a new one cos in a couple of years the price will "plummet". What a load of Censored His last job wasn't the CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland by any chance? Laughing

Post #547270 Thu Feb 01 2018 2:06pm
Danny_B

United Kingdom 

Thanks everyone some useful posts. Good point on the dealer taking them in as p/x to then see the price plummet!

Post #547405 Fri Feb 02 2018 7:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1