RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Secondary Turbo Whistle 2010 3.0tdv6 - HELP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ben781

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Secondary Turbo Whistle 2010 3.0tdv6 - HELP

Hello all, new to the world of forums so please go easy on me.

Purchased a very nice 2010 tdv6 with full autobiography kit and 22" turbines. 93k miles FLRSH, more miles than I wanted but after seeing 4 other sports at various millage as we all know you can see one with 50k which looks like its done 300k...

Anyway, I have a very annoying and noticeable turbo whistle/whine kicking in at 2500rpm to the red line so Secondary turbo. I have history of the RH inlet manifold being replaced and then I've had the LH inlet manifold replaced a few weeks ago but still have the whistle!

After spending £216 (3hours labour) for my local indy to tell me there is nothing wrong I'm pulling my hair out. The car runs faultlessly but as far as I can tell is lacking on the top end (post 2500rpm) however after previously owning a tdv8 and before this the 4.0 v8 m3 I may be expecting a little too much form my tdv6...

After searching high and low for answers on forums and the internet I can't find anyone with the same problem. I'm handy with the spanners having replaced a inlet manifold on my 2008 tdv8 and I can't see anything screaming at me as being the cause.

I have a warranty but my local indy won't put in a claim for me as they can't diagnose the problem.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is it the turbo on its way out so body off or is there anything else to look for? It's driving me insane!

Thanks, Ben.

Post #547183 Wed Jan 31 2018 12:22pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

I would suggest you take it to a main dealer and another indi, demonstrate the noise and get there input then you can deside the best corse of action 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #547185 Wed Jan 31 2018 1:23pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Not sure which part of Dorset you're in but I'm guessing you've taken it to BLR?

If so, try Evans Garage at Crossways. Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #547193 Wed Jan 31 2018 3:04pm
Ben781

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Yeah BLR, can't fault their service and always recommend them but I don't see how a screaming turbo and what I feel as a loss of power is not a fault? At what point has a turbo gone pop?

I'm in Wimborne, Crossways is a bit of a trek but could be doable. Have you had good experiences with them?

there's also AL's Garage in Poole has anyone had any dealings with them? Tempted to take it to Westover but no matter how tight my belt is they will still have my pants down... Shocked

Post #547195 Wed Jan 31 2018 3:14pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Blr have been fine for me too, but Evans are also good and usually less of a waiting list. Always good to have a choice. They'll give you a free courtesy car too.

Each time I've needed work or a service doing, I've always given westovers a chance to quote. They've yet to give me a price. Must be nice to be so busy you don't even need to quote. I don't bother asking them anymore. Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #547242 Wed Jan 31 2018 10:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1