Home > General (L494) > My18 sport - request for owner feedback
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

RE66ELL

United Kingdom 
My18 sport - request for owner feedback

Hi
Who’s taken delivery of a my18 sport, what you gone for spec wise
and what’s your initial experience been like so far?

Be good to see some photos to

Thanks

Post #546702 Wed Jan 24 2018 10:56pm
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

I picked mine up last week and wanted to join the forums with a view to posting some pics and introducing myself to you all. I originally ordered an MY18 SVR last year and after my dealer moving out the date numerous times (with a current estimate of August 1Cool I eventually bought a Corris Grey MY18 3 litre diesel autobiography which was a cancelled order at my dealer as needed a car urgently and could not wait any longer. Additions are HUD, sun glass, oyster leather, surround camera, fixed side steps and the 22" new alloy wheels in diamond cut.

At handover I found numerous small bumps which looked like acne pimples on the front bonnet - I pointed this out to the salesman who behaved like he could not see anything. The leather on the seats was also pretty droopy and could have been tighter - they agreed to look at this for me when I wanted them to.

After picking up the car and on the way home the lower infotainment screen turned itself off! I stopped the car and restarted and it came back on again. This time after 10 mins the HUD started displaying all sorts of weird text in front of me with numbers of the speedo looking like something that I needed to decode!

Day 2 and the speedo screen went blank on me! I also noticed that the sunroof blind had a mind of it's own and would open and close when I started the car randomly. It's supposed to remember the last used setting i.e if it was closed it should remain closed and if it was open it would re-open when the car is started (it always closes by default when you turn of the car).

Day 3 i was driving to work and I had a warning come on the dash which said suspension failure!!!! I called RR assist who were great and turned up in around 25 mins. They towed the car to my dealer and the car is now with them being sorted out - I only owned the car for three days! They have given me a Censored discovery sport as a courtesy car and I bloody hate the thing!

I have given them until next week to sort out the niggles otherwise I shall be rejecting the car. It's been there 3 days now and I have not even had an update! I have emailed this afternoon and am awaiting a response. Tried calling them 4 times but they are never there to speak as they are "busy with customers" !!!!!! Censored

The MY18 updates look fantastic and the interior tech really brings the car interior up to date however the quality of product coming out of the JLR factory is simply appalling.

I hope to have the car back soon fully sorted and I can then share some pics and more insight with you although at this point I am tempted to ask for my money back and maybe get an XC90 for now Sad

Post #546729 Thu Jan 25 2018 3:17pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Unbelievable......... Shocked

Post #546742 Thu Jan 25 2018 5:56pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Yikes!!

Which dealer did you buy from?

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #546750 Thu Jan 25 2018 6:53pm
Canary

England 

Omg I hope you get it sorted asap, I feel for ya! MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #546761 Thu Jan 25 2018 7:39pm
Chugga90

England 

The dealer in London you are using, it’s not near Hampton Court?
Thanks

Post #546779 Thu Jan 25 2018 9:21pm
IRBails

Australia 

I find it very believable ! These are all electronic issues and I think they use Indian experts for the technology?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/3409369082_4fcfbbbe8b_o.jpg M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #546790 Fri Jan 26 2018 3:10am
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the support all. If only the dealer was as supportive. Spoke to JLR customer relations and the response I got back was even more worrying! Was told that the issue needs to be escalated within the dealership and that they would only step in if the dealer could not resolve the technical issues - simply bizzare IMHO!

Lets see what today brings! Not sure if I cam name here but it’s a London dealer where there used to be a massive powerstation (now decommissioned)!

Post #546794 Fri Jan 26 2018 7:49am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

How bad is this, Censored sorry to hear Estoril and hope you get it sorted quick. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #546796 Fri Jan 26 2018 8:49am
ozzievechi

England 

went in and asked about buying a run out MY 17... no reassurance re crankshaft....so enquired about a MY 18... built the car and was then told delivery in March....I speced black wheels...knowing on here that there were delays...salesman told me to not believe everything I read on forums...

service centre was appalling with last RRS, and nothing has changed so after all of this and the issues most people are having with MY18s less than 3 weeks old....no confidence .... Looks like a Cayenne will be the way forward...

Post #546801 Fri Jan 26 2018 9:46am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Has anybody had any confirmation that the MY18 will not suffer with crankshaft issues ?

Post #546803 Fri Jan 26 2018 10:29am
ozzievechi

England 

is it the same engine? so same could apply? I was told by dealer if I was worried about crank shaft then buy new.... doesn't inspire me with confidence

only way round it would be to try the 3.0 petrol @(if trying to keep budget sub 80k)...but according to the PCP details (not that I would touch PCP) the GFV is 11k lower for the petrol than the diesel....

Post #546804 Fri Jan 26 2018 10:43am
Chips

England 

Crank issue is with the 292 engine is it not ,as LR issued a bulletin on the matter before the 306 update . I can't believe they would of carried on without sorting the problem once aware given that in most instances they stand the repair . Could be wrong though , has anyone any record of a 306 crank failure

Post #546819 Fri Jan 26 2018 1:44pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Well I did ask my dealer this question and their reply was “ they wouldn’t keep making new cars with the same problem would they?” . Which actually answers my question with a question !

Post #546826 Fri Jan 26 2018 3:12pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi Estoril,
Sorry to hear about all the issues, but MY 2018 is also experiencing electronic problems. and, as with yourself, some functions seem to have a mind of their own. JLR Customer Relations have been less than helpful and I've been told that there is nothing that they can do and I should wait for a software update.
I was told that if I wasn't happy, I could have details of the Motoring Ombudsman. What an attitude to adopt! I am extremely saddened by their seemingly total lack of concern for my problems. I have posted details of the issues under 'technical', in case someone wants to look at them.

Post #546827 Fri Jan 26 2018 3:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>