Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > If you have a RRS PHEV on order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

EssexRRS

United Kingdom 
If you have a RRS PHEV on order

Just a heads up....

I had Chargemaster round this morning to survey my house for a charge point for my 400e. In order to fit a charger, I have to have my main fuse from the meter upgraded to a 100 amp from a 60 amp. I also have to have an isolator switch installed and the 'tails' upgraded to take the additional load.

It sounds worse than it is - Npower are coming to do the switch and the tails, and UK Power Networks are doing the fuse, which took 2 simple calls, but I have now lost another 2 weeks in the process.

My advice to anyone with a PHEV on order is to get your fuse upgraded before hand if it's not 100 amp (i.e. and older house), and if in doubt send photos to Chargemaster so they can advise you.

Hope this helps.....

Post #560146 Thu Jun 28 2018 1:17pm
Spooked

United Kingdom 

Thanks for this. I canned Chargemaster as their quote was £179 more expensive than firm based a few miles from me. I’ve the pictures of mains and fusebox to the installers and now have date booked (probably still months before I get the car). But they didn’t raise any issues (and it’s a relatively new house). Nevertheless, I’ll check.

How’s the car? Any more thoughts to share?

Cheers

Spooked

Post #560155 Thu Jun 28 2018 3:21pm
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

Still loving the car. I’m not getting the best out of it until I can charge on the 30 amp point as with the 10 amp charge it maxes out at about 21 miles range. But so far, it’s fun to play around with the technology, saving power when you need to and using it when you want.

It almost always pulls away on electric because it stores the power from breaking and it’s so smooth. Ironically, I’m a petrol head so have never liked diesel so I love having a petrol that actually makes sense. I’m looking forward to hearing other’s feedback as I seem to be the only person to have one delivered so far

Post #560160 Thu Jun 28 2018 3:59pm
Spooked

United Kingdom 

I now have confirmed build and delivery at the end of the month. Will keep you posted!

Post #560229 Fri Jun 29 2018 8:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I heard on the news that BP has bought up Chargemaster effective today - panic among the oil majors that we are looking likely to reduce purchases of derv/petrol and all want charge points? How long before we get Nectar points for rapid charging on a BP forecourt? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560244 Fri Jun 29 2018 1:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1