GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #546506 Tue Jan 23 2018 7:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Interesting that they blame it on Brexit and the anti diesel brigade.
Nothing to do with their recent poor reliability and lack of customer care, forcing people to look at cheaper, more reliable brands then? Rolling with laughter 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #546518 Tue Jan 23 2018 10:34am
RallyXS

United Kingdom 

JLR only make what customers order. I have done the factory tour, and you can literally see the build sheets of the cars on the line. So, how could they slow production, unless the orders had slowed. That, I can believe, as they are going through a shocking reputation issue right now. 2012 RRS SDV6
2014 BMW 320d X-Drive Touring
1999 VW Polo stage rally car

Post #546530 Tue Jan 23 2018 1:34pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Could it be that people are simply looking else where and the hay day may be tarnished slightly. I mean look at the D5 to think somebody actually signed that off Rolling with laughter Perhaps the modern designs have taken them away from big boxy imposing vehicles, but to balance it out you have to keep up or be left behind. I like being left behind I drive a 2.7 Mr. Green

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #546531 Tue Jan 23 2018 1:37pm
hafman

United Kingdom 

RallyXS wrote:
...as they are going through a shocking reputation issue right now.

Has it ever been anything other than that? Yet production numbers (& demand?) has been strong in the recent past.

Post #546550 Tue Jan 23 2018 4:33pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Scrumpy wrote:
Interesting that they blame it on Brexit and the anti diesel brigade.
Nothing to do with their recent poor reliability and lack of customer care, forcing people to look at cheaper, more reliable brands then? Rolling with laughter

And also not to mention the massive cock up they've made with the 2.0 Ingenium engine in the Discovery Sport and the warranty costs they are having to carry due to them needing an oil change 3x more regularly that LR advised.
Maybe it is just coincidence that this is one of the engines that they are cutting back on Rolling Eyes

Post #546556 Tue Jan 23 2018 6:21pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Evoque is old now, badly needs an update, the Discovery sport, is, well, boring and has an unimaginative interior.
Notice the turndown is in the cheapest LR models, perhaps the Jaguar “Pace” family is taking more sales from their other models? Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #546569 Tue Jan 23 2018 8:17pm
PEACHY

England 

A work colleague just cancelled his Disco Sport order due to the new VED - the vehicle just crept into the luxury tax bracket and was over £1200 to tax first time round. If the same applies to the Ewoke then I imagine this may impact on sales especially those buyers who renew annually Big Cry 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #546598 Wed Jan 24 2018 8:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
syl

United Kingdom 

The first years tax comes with the on the road price of the car. The luxury tax does hit you for the next 5 years, but not as badly. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #546610 Wed Jan 24 2018 9:34am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

1 month into Tucson ownership - I know what I'd choose over a Disco Sport Rolling with laughter Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #546620 Wed Jan 24 2018 11:59am
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Landrover used to be a manufacturer of four wheel drives. Not counting the full fat RR all they make now is sport utility vehicles and the customer profile of Landrover vehicles has changed accordingly since there 4wd only days. The world is now full of SUV's from every manufacturer and most are significantly cheaper than the equivalent LR offering and mostly more reliable. In addition the recent offerings from LR don't eactly get one excited as well.
Speaking of unreliability the FFRR has always been unreliable, but its image is sky high and the buying price meant that only a certain sort of person bought them ie rich and not that fussy compared to the lower end of the market person who optimises the buying price to what he buys to the nth degree.

When LR was a 4wd manufacturer, they were a big fish in a small pond (relatively speaking). Now that all they make is SUV's. they are a small fish in a big pond. Not many manufacturers make a proper 4wd any more.

The last proper 4wd that Landrover introduced to the market was the Discovery 2, it was basic, it was robust and while it still had LR reliability problems they could be fixed quite easly. Then came the Discovery 3, overly complicated, 30% price increase on the Discovery 2 and looked like a bread van. Landrover lost a lot of traditional customers when they introduced the D3 and changed the whole customer profile for the brand. They are now a brand subject to the whims of trend which changes frequently and unpredictably so it doesn't surprise me that sales are starting to fall.

Next they will make a 2wd Defender, and make a FFRR without a transfer case - then the world will end.

Post #546648 Wed Jan 24 2018 4:21pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

DrRob wrote:
1 month into Tucson ownership - I know what I'd choose over a Disco Sport Rolling with laughter

Me too. Skoda Kodiaq, so much better looking than both Very Happy Very Happy Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #546666 Wed Jan 24 2018 6:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1