RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2018 model rear led lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

elaomar

Italy 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hello,

First, excuse my bad english, i'm french speaker.

I tried to fit my 2014 Range Rover Sport with rear facelift lights but the indicators don't work very good. Other lights work perfect.

Once, i plug them in, indicators works very good but one of them stop working after 5 minutes and in the dashboard it seems to be like in fault. When i put hazard lights both indicators stop working.

When i put back the old ones, the indicators don't come back imediatly but after 10 minutes.

If i let one new light and one old, it work very good without any fault. I put here a video to show you the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiY2h8oVYc8

Thank you

Post #550690 Wed Mar 07 2018 11:39am
elaomar

Italy 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

ianmo wrote:

Alloys will be going on next week!

Looking good for a 10min job Very Happy

Hello, i tried to do the same but i have a problem with the indicators. They work at the begining and after they stop working
Do you have any idea ?
Thank you

Post #550729 Wed Mar 07 2018 8:15pm
hario69

England 

Has anyone got a solution to the pre 2016 wiring problem - think it is a re-pin needed, but don't know how to do it....anyone?

elaomar wrote:
Hello,

First, excuse my bad english, i'm french speaker.

I tried to fit my 2014 Range Rover Sport with rear facelift lights but the indicators don't work very good. Other lights work perfect.

Once, i plug them in, indicators works very good but one of them stop working after 5 minutes and in the dashboard it seems to be like in fault. When i put hazard lights both indicators stop working.

When i put back the old ones, the indicators don't come back imediatly but after 10 minutes.

If i let one new light and one old, it work very good without any fault. I put here a video to show you the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiY2h8oVYc8

Thank you

Post #562499 Thu Aug 02 2018 3:31pm
hario69

England 

Any ideas?

Post #573770 Thu Jan 24 2019 1:17pm
Damo1606

United Kingdom 

Regarding rear lights, you should have a look at the Glohh GL 5i lights.
They look better than the current range rover sport ones and they look amazing when first then it on and operational.
Bit pricey but we'll worth the money and transforms the car.

Post #574225 Fri Feb 01 2019 12:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jaz9443

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Marmaris Teal

Fitted the 2018 rear lights to my 2014 car. They were plug and play and took no time to fit. All lights work including indicator...only thing is the indicator is not dyniamic sweeping type as they are on the actual 2018 models.

Rumours have it is a re configuration of the pinouts but have yet to find someone who can confirm this. RRS SDV6 PHEV Autobiography - MY2018 conversion
Porsche 911 Turbo S PDK
BMW 335D Xdrive Touring

Post #574695 Wed Feb 06 2019 6:21pm
nsmith4256

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Alaska White

Damo1606 wrote:
Regarding rear lights, you should have a look at the Glohh GL 5i lights.
They look better than the current range rover sport ones and they look amazing when first then it on and operational.
Bit pricey but we'll worth the money and transforms the car.

I've been thinking of upgrading my lights. are these as good as they look?

Post #575307 Fri Feb 15 2019 2:41pm
pjbracer1

England 

Hi Guys old topic but thought id ask the question!

I have installed some of the LED rear lights and they already sweep my car s 2014 AB, and they work fine, however when the lights are on the sweep still works fine and is visible even though the tail light its technically on in the back ground, I do think it would be better if the red light could be disabled when the indicator is active, does anyone know of a plug and play connector that does this? I know PowerfulUK have a pcb they fit to their lights and I would have bought from them but they never have any stock so could be waiting a while!

Also do the 2108 models have the tailight on when the engine is running as and DRL (or is this something I can enable with the GAP Tool?)

I dont really understand why any mfr's decided that DRL's would only be at the front, nor the fact that rather than having DRL in the first place they could have just done what Volvo and Saab had been doing for all of time, just turn on the side lights circuit when the engine is started, but that's another conversation!

It would appear that a small plug in between the car and light pcb box would be the solution and im just not and electronics person! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #606814 Fri Nov 20 2020 10:09am
SC247

United Kingdom 

Try this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-Spo...2749.l2649

Post #606821 Fri Nov 20 2020 1:27pm
pjbracer1

England 

yeah i sent the guy a message on how it works and if its a cut the wires job or a plugin adapter but got a yes I have to cut one wire on the lamp, Im guessing there might be a language barrier but there is no image or much detail so not sure I wanna throw £150 at it and find it doesnt work

Unless anyone else has tried it? If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #606823 Fri Nov 20 2020 2:11pm
SC247

United Kingdom 

Hi

I purchased and it is a cut wires on rear of the lamp if you can solder its an easy job about 15mins a side works flawlesly, I fitted sweeping mirror signal as well and looks very good.

Post #606824 Fri Nov 20 2020 2:20pm
tsinc80697

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Autobiography Firenze Red

Bought mine from PowerfulUK as they have the sweeping indicator as well as cutting the side light when indicating which makes it much clearer.

Added smoked sweeping mirror indicators too.

Think the rear lights were £575 and mirror indicators £60. The mirror indicators look so much better especially with the carbon mirrors Very Happy

Post #606854 Sat Nov 21 2020 10:43am
IanV8

Scotland 

pjbracer1 wrote:
Hi Guys old topic but thought id ask the question!

I have installed some of the LED rear lights and they already sweep my car s 2014 AB, and they work fine, however when the lights are on the sweep still works fine and is visible even though the tail light its technically on in the back ground, I do think it would be better if the red light could be disabled when the indicator is active, does anyone know of a plug and play connector that does this? I know PowerfulUK have a pcb they fit to their lights and I would have bought from them but they never have any stock so could be waiting a while!

Also do the 2108 models have the tailight on when the engine is running as and DRL (or is this something I can enable with the GAP Tool?)

I dont really understand why any mfr's decided that DRL's would only be at the front, nor the fact that rather than having DRL in the first place they could have just done what Volvo and Saab had been doing for all of time, just turn on the side lights circuit when the engine is started, but that's another conversation!

It would appear that a small plug in between the car and light pcb box would be the solution and im just not and electronics person!

The DRLs on the 2018, front and rear, don’t come on until you select drive, probably to prevent them being on when you use remote start.

The tail light goes off when the indicator is on, don’t know if that is legal.

Agree with you about the idiots that drive around with front DRLs on and no rear lights especially in the dark.

Ian 2018 Indus Silver SDV6 Autobiography normally towing a Buccaneer Cruiser.

Post #606855 Sat Nov 21 2020 11:55am
Karlp606

Hey guys
Hoping you can help - I’ve got the upgraded rear led lights with the wiring and resistor already in place.
They’ve been working for the last 12 months but the drives side has lost the sweeping indicator , won’t even flash so I thought it was the inline resistor , swapped it out for a new one and still no indicator?
The brake light, rear night light , reverse light all work fine but just no indicator , passenger side is all working fine.
Anybody have any ideas , or how to check the wiring if anyone has a diagram.

Post #639344 Sat Feb 03 2024 3:16pm
Karlp606

Photos of the current wiring

Post #639345 Sat Feb 03 2024 3:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>