RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 1st impressions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

HaggisMan

United Kingdom 
1st impressions

So, 6 weeks after getting my new MY19 3.0d HSE what do I think about it? Well it’s pretty awesome to be honest.

I’ve finally fathomed out how everything works and I’m pleased to say that (so far anyway) it all does. It’s a brilliant family car, powerful, smooth, quiet, refined, well equipped and with a fabulous sense of occasion as you drive along. Whilst the winter has yet to throw anything serious at it, it’s coping easily with the few flurries and slush we’ve had. It’s also a b***er to wash - can’t reach the roof without a ladder! - but it looks awesome in Santorini Black when it’s clean.

Disappointments? Only that it’s got an annoying rattle from around the steering column / binnacle area over certain bumps and road surfaces. It’s going into the dealers in about 10 days for them to fix it (hopefully...) but tbh I expected rather better from an expensive luxury car. Still, that aside there’s nothing untoward to report.

Things I wish I’d optioned? So far it’s only the surround camera system. It’s a big car to manoeuvre and park and having all-round cameras would have eased the worry about scuffing the alloys! My mate had them on his Evoque but rarely use them so didn’t get it on his 2 RRSs either. I followed his lead but now I wish I had.

Otherwise, at 6 weeks and only 700 miles I’m very impressed and delighted with it. Fingers crossed the remaining 34 months and many more miles don’t change that!

Post #573776 Thu Jan 24 2019 3:59pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

I also need a ladder for cleaning the roof. You get a lot of funny looks Embarassed . I have the surround cameras, never use them. By the time I remember about them, its after the event. Have had 2 replaced under warranty, one would not come on & the other took a while to come on. Only noticed it because I was trying to find something else & hit camera icon by mistake. By chance the car was going in for a service that week so I mentioned it & they replaced them, so now when its going for a service I try to remember to try them before hand

Post #573778 Thu Jan 24 2019 4:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1