Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > No accelerator when cold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

squizzel

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost
No accelerator when cold

Hi all
As some of you might have seen in a previous post I have fitted the FBH remote. This was done as I have 2 or 3 glow plugs playing up, and I really don't think they are going to come out in one piece. The last 2 mornings I have warmed the car up with the FBH, and as I come to start it, the glow plug light has gone out straight away and its started immediately. But I have no accelerator and it seems to be firing on 4 cylinders. The battery light stays on until about a minute has passed and the light goes out and the accelerator returns. Battery voltage is good and the battery is 18 months old as is the alternator. Never have the problem again throughout the day, and no codes logged. New fuel filter fitted beginning of October, EGR's have been blanked also.
So any ideas, or is it normal for this to happen when warming up this way.
Its a 55 plate 2.7 TDV6
Thanks

Post #543282 Tue Dec 12 2017 6:17pm
squizzel

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

This issue has now been sorted, with the help of the D3 site. Apparently it is more common than you may think, so for anyone on here that comes across the problem.
When using the FBH remote to warm up the car when it is really cold, the heater needs to run its full 30minutes. I jumped in the car after around 20minutes from starting the heater. The glow plug light was going out immediately but the heat had not warmed the cylinders enough and the diesel was not igniting. I now have set the water temperature to warm up to 85 degrees, and let it run for the full 30 minutes and no problems so far.
Hope this helps someone.

Post #543753 Wed Dec 20 2017 8:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1